Camelot Command (Copy from General Tab)

Pages: 1
Requiem
07/14/18 08:14 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Please note I originally created this post within the general tab but I thought I would copy it and transfer it over the the RPG also ….. the point at the bottom of the post explains why I believe this should be considered as a possible RPG in house game creation …

As per the Sarna Wiki Notes we are supplied with the following information regarding Camelot Command within the Dark Nebula ….

“Camelot Command is a small rotating planetoid, a floating base with a 100-meter-long Cameron Star, the symbol of the Star League, emblazoned on the concrete equator. The massive port is large enough to dry-dock a Black Lion class battlecruiser…..

Rediscovered a second time with no need to cover it up this time, Camelot Command was subsequently refurbished by the Federated Commonwealth and used for a while as a base for forward operations against the Clans. Since Rhonda Snord had called for, and won, a Trial of Possession for the base, it was assumed that their own honor code prevented the Clans from seizing it. It was eventually abandoned again after a few years due to its exposed position and the difficulty of bringing supplies that far behind enemy lines”.

Question:

Could a Jump-ship Jump from the Federated Commonwealth world of Barcelona jump and emerge in empty deep space all the way to the outskirts of the Dark Nebula. Once there, as per the TV Show regarding the 1st Somerset Strikers enter into the Dark Nebula provide the correct codes and be provided access to Camelot Command.

For in my opinion, yes this could be a difficult resupply mission however once within the Dark Nebula it can provide an excellent staging area from which to conduct raids and to gather information upon both Clans Jade Falcon and Wolf.

So my second question is if the supply issues are rectifiable do you believe the Federated Commonwealth should have retained the facility and used it as a staging base for Covert and Overt behind the lines operations?

As my main issue is the Falcon Vs. Wolf fracas – Camelot Command should have been used as a staging base for a counterattack by Inner Sphere forces due to both the Wolves and the Falcons forces becoming depleted during this fracas.

Considering Operation Serpent – the distance they travelled - supposedly they would have had to use deep space to reach Huntress – thus why could not the Federated Commonwealth / Lyran Alliance travel the short distance to the Dark Nebula?

Would it not become the same as that of Wolcott in the Draconis Combine, a staging area from which to launch raids against the Clans?

When considering Camelot Command and the Dark Nebula and my idea that the Clan Invasion was supposedly to be based upon WW2 – consider Camelot Command as Malta, the Mediterranean Theatre – the fight for the control of the strategically important island – a colony pitted against overwhelming hostile forces and their only lifeline convoys of food et al protected by the Navy and Air force.

The Federated Commonwealth / Lyran Navy outmatched and outgunned holding on by their nails - conducting clandestine operations - directing forces during the Falcon Vs Wolf Fracas - When the Clan Falcon invaded Lyran space, on both occasions, Camelot Command could have been used to stab the Falcons in the back - with the introduction of the ARDC - this station could have fallen to the Kell Hounds - they could have even given Clan Wolf in Exile access to it

Therefore this again,"in my opinion", would have been a great back story for the clan invasion – similar to that of the Black Thorns maybe – so why was this never explored to its fullest?

Viva La Rewrite

Does anyone remember the TV series Babylon 5 –

Plot development – Camelot Command becomes a home for Federated Commonwealth / Lyran Alliance military (acting as the stations governors) but also for much more ….
• Many mercenary units use the station as way point on their way to conduct military raids against the Clans;
• Many Commando teams go through there also - on their way to “set clan space ablaze”;
• Many partisan leaders from Clan Space held worlds come here to arrange assistance;
• In an effort to keep supplies up Camelot Command allows smugglers and pirates (who have a letter of mark to fight the Clans) to use the facility – you provide us food, water et al and we help keep your jump-ship / drop-ships in working order by allowing our techs to work for you;
• Speaking of smugglers – what about Clan Diamond Shark Smugglers – they pop in do a little commerce and take home high net worth black market goods;
• Nt – Psy-Ops has convinced high command that by allowing Clan Diamond Shark access they are able to destabilize Clan society – seeding feelings of discontent – thus promoting a future civil war – Free-born Vs. True-born? Plus they do get access to Clan tech that can be reverse engineered that could lead to profit or Clan knowledge, such as medical procedures.

The RPG alone of keeping Camelot Command up and running would be worth it …..

• Plus think of all the naval battles that could be taking place outside; plus
• Invasions by Clan elementals and ‘Mechs inside.

Again another good point in keeping it going …..
Get thee to Coventry … Now is the winter of our discontent, made glorious by this daughter of Tharkad … Our army shall march through. Well to New Avalon tonight.
Requiem
07/15/18 01:40 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
In addition to those ‘passing through’ Camelot Command :-

What if we end up with two distinctly different civilian groups living on the station –
• Pirate / smuggler families fleeing the clans
• Homesteaders form worlds where Clans invaded
And with them comes all the vice / normality a normal city could end up with
• Pubs
• Black market
• Gambling etc on one end
• Schools
• Churches
• Public administration of the other
• Plus aquaculture
• An area to grow food etc
As a RPG …..You could turn Camelot Command into something very interesting, and very profitable from a business stand point ….. given time ……

Strategic Adaptability:-
For those who have been reading in the General tab I have proposed a new Ant- Clan Unit called Fenrir – their aim is to enter into the Deep Periphery , hunt down Clan Re-Supply bases / depos and Clan Resupply Jump-ships and Dropships and in the event they can capture them – return them to the Inner Sphere or destroy them outright if they cannot capture them.

My initial proposal was to have them stationed upon Idrmach within the Chainelane Isles;

But given the necessity for strategic adaptability why not use Idrmach for both Deep Periphery and Periphery Reconnaissance (out from the Inner Sphere into Deep Space and Back into the Inner Sphere)

A second unit could then be stationed at Camelot Command – pursuing Clan Re-supply Jump-ships as they attempt to enter into the Inner Sphere. (followed no doubt by Pirates and brigands)

Just another idea to expand your game night
Get thee to Coventry … Now is the winter of our discontent, made glorious by this daughter of Tharkad … Our army shall march through. Well to New Avalon tonight.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4676

Contact Admins Sarna.net