Aerospace Boosters

Pages: 1
Requiem
07/27/18 02:03 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Just a quick thought …. or two

1. Aerospace Fighters – do they have Booster jets (one off boosters) that can be attached to their hard points to act like a “nitro” boost ie. for example increase safe trust by 0.5X (rounded up) in atmosphere and say 2x I n space?
(and if so what do you think their stats would be)

2. And then for my Achilles Class PT Vehicle – refer to my posting regarding the Achilles – If you are able to apply hard points to a Military Aerodyne could you place thrust rockets on them? Ie. one of boosters that can increase their safe thrust 2x (and by extension the maximum trust) whilst in space for a limited time frame?
What I was thinking of – remember the old space shuttles with the booster rockets on the side – something like this.
(and if so what do you think their stats would be)

3. For those that remember some of the old anime space shows where a shuttle ran along a track (like a sled track) and at the end its angle of incidence went through a curve until it increased to 90 Degrees – the track ended - the booster was activated and it shot up like a rocket into space.
My question is could you use a track like this with booster rockets attached to your alert aerospace fighters to get them into space quicker (if we have them) to intercept hostile forces and if so how much quicker do you think they could react to the presence of enemy forces in comparison to a normal take off intercept.
Get thee to Coventry … Now is the winter of our discontent, made glorious by this daughter of Tharkad … Our army shall march through. Well to New Avalon tonight.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 55 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 1974

Contact Admins Sarna.net