AT2 Revised and Combat Operations Sourcebook

Pages: 1
tmr01750195
09/08/18 07:12 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Afternoon from WA,

On AT2 Revised p. 68 in the Bay Personnel Table for Mechanized Infantry references the Combat Operations Sourcebook. Does anyone have access to the book and can they possibly send me the page/pages or table that covers Mechanized Infantry and Marines squad and platoon numbers or give me a link to a site I can obtain a copy?

This is probably a silly question, but can anyone explain why Jump and Motorized Infantry do not have the Mechanics/Technicians to work on their transport systems?

Another question or questions concerns the Marine accommodations.

Would Marines not occupying steerage passenger cabins use one or all three of the Infantry bays as shown on the Bay Personnel Table p. 68?

Would Marine Battle Armor troops use the Inner Sphere Battle Armor Bay requirements when not using the equivalent of a 2nd class stateroom?

Would Marine Battle Armor troops using the equivalent of a 2nd class stateroom have technicians for support per the IS Battle Armor Bay?

Tom Rux
ghostrider
09/08/18 09:45 PM

I will try to answer the jump/mechanized infantry not using the same techs.
As I understand it, the techs need to know how to deal with the jump packs, which is a different mode of transportation then the ground transports the mechanized uses.
So a car mechanic can not work on a jet fighter sort of thing.

As for the others, I don't have the books nor know where you can get that from, unless the wiki has it.
Hope this helps.
tmr01750195
09/09/18 12:53 AM

Howdy Ghostrider,

Quote:
I will try to answer the jump/mechanized infantry not using the same techs.
As I understand it, the techs need to know how to deal with the jump packs, which is a different mode of transportation then the ground transports the mechanized uses.
So a car mechanic can not work on a jet fighter sort of thing.

As for the others, I don't have the books nor know where you can get that from, unless the wiki has it.
Hope this helps.

Thank you for the reply and my apologies for not being clear.

I was not suggesting that the infantry (jump platoon) and the mechanized infantry squad used the same mechanic/technician. However, I do appreciate the clarification provided.

That still leaves the question why the mechanized infantry squad does not have a mechanic/technician and the infantry (jump platoon) not having a technician to work on the jump packs.

A thought has just occurred to me that the reason the mechanized infantry squad does not have technicians or mechanics is that the vehicles being used have them.

Unfortunately, as was pointed out a jump infantry platoon's equipment needs a technician more than a mechanic to ensure that the systems are maintained between deployments.

Thank you again for the response.

Tom Rux
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2389

Contact Admins Sarna.net