FanPro AT2 Revised Construction Example 2 Mjolnir questions

Pages: 1
tmr01750195
10/04/18 01:20 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hello all,

Before I purchased and installed the replacement copy of HM Aero I found an incomplete rough draft of a spreadsheet for FASA AT2.

I have completed the spreadsheet to the point that my cost matches the TRO from HM Aero for the Mjolnir and the tonnage is off by one ton. The readout has the total tonnage as 1,334,490.00 T mine is 1,334,491.00 T I'll call this one good enough to say that the spreadsheet worked for the Mjolnir.

However I do have a couple of questions:

FanPro AT2 Revised p. 68

Question 1 Crew:
"In keeping with standard military doctrine, standard crews consist of one officer for each five regular crew."

The standard crew per the calculation is 315. The number of officers, if I understood the material, is 315/5 = 63.

Where or how was the number of 66 officers determined?

Where or how was the minimum of 65 officers?

I did get the number after fudging the 5 to 4.8.

Question 2: Food and Water.
"One ton of cargo space contains sufficient sustenance for 200 people for one day. Round up to then nearest quarter ton."

The total personnel onboard the Mjolnir is Crew 315 + 67 Gunners + 40 Marine Battle Armor Troopers + 72 Fighter Bay Personnel = 494 people.

Each person requires 494/200 = 2.47 tons. The HM Aero tech readout has list 173 days of underway time. The ship must load a minimum of 2.47 x 173 = 427.31 tons rounding up to the nears quarter ton changes the number to 427.5 tons versus the listed 426.5 tons.

Has there been a change to the calculation from that in FanPro AT2 Revised and if there has been a change can anyone please provide the number and source so I can get the number into my spreadsheet?

While comparing the HM Aero readout I discovered that the 66 Officers had quarters at 16,170.00 tons, which means that the clunking spreadsheet may come in handing as a cross check. Of course my usual luck is the only match I make is the example.

Thank you in advance for any help that is provided.
ghostrider
10/04/18 05:01 PM

I will take a stab at the 66 officers when you only need 63.
The captain, 1st officer and another may be in addition to the others. Not part of those needed to control the others.
But this is just a hunch.
tmr01750195
10/04/18 11:21 PM

Evening from WA ghostrider,

Quote:
I will take a stab at the 66 officers when you only need 63.
The captain, 1st officer and another may be in addition to the others. Not part of those needed to control the others.
But this is just a hunch.

Thank you for the reply and to my embarrassment forgetting about including the warship's commanding officer and executive officer. I am guessing that the third officer is for engineering. In a couple of other games they mention that ship's should have a Captain and and Executive/First Officer in addition to the regular ship's crew.

Thank you again.

Tom Rux
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2427

Contact Admins Sarna.net