[Giorgioverse] Open Player Questions

Pages: 1
Giorgio76
12/29/18 09:34 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
As a future GM for an under development Mechwarrior/A Time of War RPG campaign (which I will call “Giorgioverse” as a placeholder for my BattleTech, MechWarrior RPG, Alpha Strike, F2F, Hero Labs/Realms Work, Obsidian Portal, and Roll20 work in progress), below are open questions I am asking myself (and others) to generate ideas.

B) Questions to ask potential players before starting a campaign (not in any particular order):

B1) How familiar are you with the lore of the Battletech universe?

B2) What kind of character concepts & archetypes would you like to play?

B3) What kind of “Iconic Place or Event” would you like your PC to experience in the BT universe?

B4) What kind of rules “crunch” are you comfortable with (narrative, light, medium, high complexity)?

B5) Are you a BT lore scholar, a rules expert, artistically or programing inclined, and willing to help the GM with campaign development?

B6) How many characters are you comfortable running at once, on a scale of 1 to 3 PCs? (For example, you have multiple PCs with different skill sets as part of an organization, like a starship crew or mixed combat unit of infantry, armor, mechwarriors, pilots, technicians, admin staff…)

B7) Which of these VTTs are you familiar with: Roll20, Fantasy Grounds.

B8) If playing via a VTT, do you prefer playing with a webcam or without one?

B9) What overall maturity level are your most comfortable, if using the standard Motion Picture of America guidelines (G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17)?

B10) What BT faction are you most interested in playing from the 3025 era: Great House, Periphery, ComStar (Explorer Corps), Mercenaries, Pirates, Merchants & Traders, Underworld & Crime lords…

B11) How familiar are you with the Alpha Strike Rules?

B12) (Draft) How would you organize the following game elements from highest interest to lowest interest for your: Combat, Exploration, Social Interaction, World Building, Politics, Economics, Covert Ops/Special Forces

B13) The “ATOW Companion” book on pages 200-229 introduces the following Campaign Types, which of the three are you most interested in: Renegades & Rogues, Black Ops, Explorer Corps, Working Solo, Frontier Life, Mech-less Warriors, Work For Hire: Mercenary Life

Any other questions I should think about to ask potential players that might be interested in playing in a future F2F or VTT game?

Thanks in advance for any Feedback.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3642

Contact Admins Sarna.net