License contact help for mobile game deveoper.

Pages: 1
MikeBeerMoneyGames
07/05/19 04:15 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Summery: I want our team to work on a Battletech mobile game. But I need help finding the right contact to find out how we can obtain a license. I have not gotten a response from general contact info provided by both Topps and Microsoft.

We are a smaller mobile game developer with lots of passion. In just the past year alone our apps have several million downloads. And the average rating for our last 2 games is at 4.7 on Google play. So I'd like to think we have a positive track record when making this inquiry.

So it can't hurt to try asking for help here before I toss in the towel. I figure if someone is going to make a Battletech mobile game, might as well be from a team that is a fan of the series.

Thanks!

Edited by MikeBeerMoneyGames (07/05/19 04:16 AM)
Requiem
07/05/19 05:38 AM

Have you thought about looking into the Battleech legal issues to find the information you require?

In the news Section within Sarna – there is a discussion re Harmony Gold Vs. BattleTech and they have a lawyer discussing the issues - Have a read.

http://www.sarna.net/news/harmony-gold-vs-battletech-an-actual-lawyer-weighs-in/

Suggest you have a discussion with Robert Spendlove with Laubscher, Spendlove and Laubscher (there is a link to their firms contact information etc therein)

If this is unsuccessful suggest looking into the Court records re: Harmony Gold USA Inc V Piranaha Games Inc et al – US District Court for the Western District of Washington – investigate freedom of information request et al as this may also provide some information (may cost depending on requested information)
Get thee to Coventry … Now is the winter of our discontent, made glorious by this daughter of Tharkad … Our army shall march through. Well to New Avalon tonight.

Edited by Requiem (07/05/19 05:48 AM)
FrabbyModerator
07/05/19 05:53 AM

If it's a mobile game as opposed to an electronic aid for tabletop gaming, then I reckon the license in question is the one that rests with Microsoft, and on which MWO and the HBS game were developed.

Topps holds the tabletop game license minus the computer games license, so they presumably can't help you.
CrayModerator
07/05/19 02:08 PM

You might have some luck on the official website on the formal Developers Q-n-A forum. A public post there will get a lot of players and writers talking at least:
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?board=34.0
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
MikeBeerMoneyGames
07/05/19 05:37 PM

Thank you for the replies, I will dig into it later this weekend. (I was just passing by). But quick question, didn't the Harmony Gold license just expire?
FrabbyModerator
07/06/19 02:29 AM

Harmony Gold has no part in the BattleTech IP.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 59 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2851

Contact Admins Sarna.net