Question on Vehicle Firing Arcs

Pages: 1
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
09/26/19 02:19 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
What would the firing arcs be for a weapon that is mounted in the Body of a Vehicle?

Not the Front / Sides / Rear or Turret(s) mind you, but the Body of the Vheicle itself?

I want to mount a single LRM 5 on a light IFV, and wanted to know how that would work.
"Woad Raider, kill things today."
csadn
09/26/19 02:56 AM

Don't work like that -- you'll have to pick a facing for the weapon. "Body" is only for ammo and such which *doesn't* use a particular facing.
CF

Oregon: The "Outworlds Alliance" of the United States of America
ghostrider
09/27/19 09:30 PM

The original Wasp Lam had an issue like this. The leg srm was move to the CT, yet the CT becomes the fuselage. Which is the Aerofighters version of the body.

But csadn is correct on facings. They all need a firing arc, unless in a turret. The sponsons (sp?) is another exception, but one that comes up in a later rule set then the original.
If in the body, it is cargo, not a functional weapon.
The reason for this is, what would the firing arc be? A free turret?
csadn
09/29/19 03:03 AM

Quote:
The original Wasp Lam had an issue like this. The leg srm was move to the CT, yet the CT becomes the fuselage. Which is the Aerofighters version of the body.

And if memory serves: LAM Leg weapons fired Aft in AS Mode; while this would not violate the "no more than 2 tons of weapons facing Aft" design rule, it would result in a fighter with near-as-much firepower facing Aft as Forward.
CF

Oregon: The "Outworlds Alliance" of the United States of America
ghostrider
09/29/19 04:13 PM

The SRM pack was moved to the center torso, along with the laser.
The center torso became the fuselage.
That means all weapons legally, could not be fired.

The rear firing weapons, being the leg weapons is true. Now they may have added in the no more then 2 tons rule after BMR. I have not seen it before your statement.
But I can agree with it, though it should depend on the units weight. But that is my opinion.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 47 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3794

Contact Admins Sarna.net