Artillery rules in the new book?

Pages: 1
Aleis
12/28/19 02:21 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I recently purchased the new Total Warfare and Battlemech Manual and cant find any rules for how artillery cannons work on units on the field. (Long Tom, Sniper,or Thumper) only thing I found were special rules for Battlefield Support in BM pg 77 but thats not what im looking for.

I also noticed in the Wepons and Equipment charts BM pg 123 those weapons are suspiciously missing. Did Catalyst delete them from the game?

The group im with is trying to standardize rules and making a stand on only using the new books. I ultimately wasnt to use the models I have purchased on the field via bv, not simple places markings for meta game special scenarios. Or am I SOL
CrayModerator
12/28/19 04:16 PM

Artillery is covered in the advanced rules book, Tactical Operations.

The core books include:

1. Total Warfare (basic combat rules for most environments, ground to aerospace)
2. Tech Manual (basic construction rules)
3. Tactical Operations (Advanced combat rules, like artillery, and advanced equipment)
4. Strategic Operations (advanced aerospace rules and strategic-level gaming)
5. Campaign Operations (military force creation/operation [updated merc rules], solar system creation, etc.)
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Aleis
12/28/19 10:21 PM

So the old Tactical Operation book is still compatible with the new Total Warfare (35th anniversary) book.

With the similarities in content I thought it was replaced by the new Battlemech Manual. (35th anniversary)

Edited by Aleis (12/28/19 10:24 PM)
FrabbyModerator
12/29/19 03:20 AM

No, the BattleMech Manual stands outside of the standard rulebook series. It was an experiment of sorts in that it concentrates on 'Mech playing rules, forgoing vehicles, infantry, etc. for brevity. (See Sarna article.) The fans love it.
CrayModerator
12/29/19 11:26 PM

Quote:
So the old Tactical Operation book is still compatible with the new Total Warfare (35th anniversary) book.

Total Warfare was written before Tactical Operations, and was written specifically with the expectation that Tactical Operations would have the advanced rules. The core books I mentioned were outlined as a set.

The 35th anniversary edition of Total Warfare primarily includes errata compared to the original Total Warfare.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 87 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5068

Contact Admins Sarna.net