good game

Pages: 1
ghostrider
08/29/19 02:46 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
from the short time I got to play it, it was a great game.
Not exactly like battle tech in the damage and armor sides, but still enough to be comparable.
Not sure if anyone else had a problem with Steam though. Seems the brand new system I got, doesn't get along with Steam.
One thing that is definitely not even close to battle tech is the way they do the hit rolls for missiles. The percentage is for each missile fired, not the 'pack' of them.
The graphics for the game play is great, though the story line could have been a little better.
There is one thing I did notice, but not sure if it was me.
It seems physical combat does more damage then weapons fire, especially with the lighter mechs.

Over all, my opinion is, it is worth it.
Wrangler
09/03/19 12:45 PM

I own the game, i kickstarted it despite not having a computer at the time to run bloody thing. Its nice game, but i've hadn't had time to really play it back to back. It has some rough patches i got get use to.
When it hits the fan, make sure your locked, loaded, and ready to go!
Merlok
10/23/19 06:50 PM

@ghostrider

Is the game playable after you complete the main story?
This Battletech thing is so exciting I just couldn't give it up. It gets in your blood or something; I don't know.
ghostrider
10/24/19 03:23 AM

I don't know. Steam has an issue with the new system I bought to play the game as well as others.
I know it is steam as it locks up when steam is running, but doesn't when I don't have it running. I also had issue with steam back when I bought civilization 5 for my old system. 2 and a half hours to activate the game because of steam. Got to 99 percent a lot but never finished.

Seen the part of the play thru on line, and in the few times I got to play for a while, it was good. A few things are not to spec, but it is close enough to forgive most of it.
It can be frustrating at times, as the game loves to have a single unit spot for the lrm to IDF you to death. Damned Commando mechs seem more difficult to take down then the should. But over all, it is a very interesting game engine.
One big complaint is the same as most third person type of games. The view some times clips into the terrain you are near. But I have seen so many do this, it seems standard.
It is also more true then some of the mechwarrior video games. You don't have everything on the market. Sometimes, you have to go to multiple systems just to find one thing.
ghostrider
03/22/20 01:45 PM

As there was a discussion started in another thread about HBS BattleTech, I thought it would be best to bring it here, and try to avoid another thread jacking.

Part of the discussion went along the lines of none of the video games is true to the rules, and that is true. The 'shields' in the original BattleTech game as well as others seems to be one of them. I can understand making something to help the players that can't play first person shooters, but it can be annoying.

The damage done in the HBS game is different, but seems to be about right. A medium laser takes the armor off arms of the lightest mechs. The missiles to hit isn't based on the pack fired, but each missile fired. It is kind of funny to see weapons go wild on misses. It makes you think a little about what does happen when you miss in the board game.
As pointed out, all the games that you can do a total refit, including changing engines and such in less then a weeks time, does cause people to think that is in the board game as well.

It is still fun, and I will be trying it out on a new system. So far, it seems the last one I bought has an issue with the hardware, as reinstalled windows 10 four times and it locked up yet again. 5 different games, so it isn't just one. Hopefully, I will be able to play it all the way thru. With that, I will answer if you can continue playing it after the story is over.
Hopefully, you can. Games that end after the story is over is very annoying. Fallout 3 was like that. So many things you can do, yet you have to do it before the last mission. This game seems to have potential, and I don't see why it couldn't continue with just running merc missions afterwards.
ghostrider
03/27/20 11:37 PM

Upon further playing of the game, I have been shown by the game that it wasn't as good as I thought. A ppc to the enemy locust doesn't take out the body part, and that is if I can hit with an 85% chance to hit. Their twin medium lasers go internal on 50 to 55 ton mechs almost every time, dispite having full armor.
I have had a PPC hit a locust, and take out both side torsos, yet not touch the center.
The enemy has been about 75 or better percent to hit my units moving further then anything they have, and yet I can't hit them more then 30%. It is frustrating the hell out of me.
4 50 ton mechs, should be able to take out a pair of strikers without losing body parts.
The game mechanics is beyond me at this point.
The graphics are still nice.
One last thing. You are more then likely going to get enemies on sensors, but not be able to fire on them, while they almost always will get the first shot off on you.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 648

Contact Admins Sarna.net