Inner Sphere at War Factories

Pages: 1
Grollhammer
04/19/20 01:55 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hey
I am looking at the rules of ISW and I have no clue what factories are there for. In the Fist Succession War Book are even numbers in () sorry I don’t remember the English word for those. For example Luthien 10(3) what are they for? Are they shipyards?
Thank you
JBell
09/01/21 03:16 PM

Aha!!!

Apparently no one can or has answered this question yet. I do believe the numbers in parentheses are to indicate shipyards. To the best of my knowledge, without spending 3-4 more hours looking through sourcebooks, all those worlds host jumpship or dropships manufacturers. Avon, Galax, Clipperton, Loyalty, Kathil, Capella etc. All major strategic aerospace sites.

The ISaW rules have given me nightmares the last few days. I kept trying to find rules for sabotaging the impregnable Castle Brian complexes in the core rulebooks. Only to have found it in the rules expansion for ISaW included with Second Succession War sourcebook.

There are a number of places in these rules that seem to assume there are other pending rules. I think there is a reference somewhere in IO that the # of factories do actually have a further effect.

I notice too that these Aerospace facilities do not affect the "Industrial Level" of the planets. Which does make some sense - factories have to be located in specific hexes on each world.

I assume that the new tables are listed as such pending a further expansion of ISaW rules.
One immediate use of them - you would be able to construct Aerospace only units there.

That being said, I would consider just adding their effect in or adding a specific RP boost for those facilities.

The naval aspect of the Battletech universe should be more prominent at the grand strategic level. ISaW is essentially an island hopping campaign
ghostrider
09/01/21 04:07 PM

There is a major issue with TPTB retconning in things like factories after they have anything set.
Also having printed things like numbers and where they are located means people will ask how and why things don't fit together properly.
Check the 20 year update for a good example of this.
They removed more then a few units in the roster to keep the IS from having massive numbers when the clans invaded. I believe it was more because someone would finally realize the 3039 war would not have gone the way it did. The FC had way to many units for the Ghost regiments to do more then slow them down.
And with ship yards, the concept of jump ships being limited in numbers starts wearing thin. Unlike the Monolith that states 1 ship per 2 years, the question of why x amount of shipyards can only produce y amount. To my knowledge, ship yards aren't a single bay.

As stated in other threads, the problem with naval assets being where concept should be means the ground game can not happen as things would not reach the surface. I hate this fact, but understand it.
Grollhammer
03/10/23 08:55 AM

Lol, just searched the internet again for it and stumbled over my old question. I still have no clue what they do and so far sadly there is no additional content coming for ISaW.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4722

Contact Admins Sarna.net