Use of Miniatures

Pages: 1
Karagin
09/01/19 09:41 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Do folks use the lance sets that were sold or the regular mechs for Alpha Strike?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Cache
01/22/20 12:54 PM

Battleforce lance packs? Or Alpha Strike lance packs?

There's no significant difference between the AS lance pack minis and individually packaged minis. I use individual minis and others I've played with use those plus AS lance pack minis together.
Karagin
01/23/20 12:32 AM

Any of them. I am asking because I have seen many who seem to think that WH40K style rules apply to BT, and watched one group at a local gaming store get upset because of an Alpha Strike game was being run with regular BT miniatures vs the Alpha Strike ones.
Karagin

Cache
01/24/20 11:27 AM

The AS line is quite small. Do they get upset when someone uses a Daishi in AS? There is no AS mini for it. There are no official rules limiting the miniatures you can use, save for "official minis at official events."

IWM produces the metal minis that the AS minis are copies of (the old Beginner Set minis). The only difference is the material used to make them.
Karagin
01/26/20 11:21 PM

And IWM also has Battleforce miniatures of the mechs, some of which I used for my groups as Protos or Powerarmor for different factions.
Karagin

pama
05/19/20 02:32 AM

Karagin
05/19/20 10:01 AM

Quote:

These were box sets of four mechs sold for a while. The Battleforce ones were and are smaller versions of the normal mechs. These were supposed to be used with the Battleforce game and show the scale of that game, which was if I recall Brigade and higher.

The Alpha Strike Lance packs were sold for a while and you got four mechs that were slightly smaller than the normal IWM mechs, had bases already attached and were plastic vs the metal of the BF ones and other IWM mechs.
Karagin

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 647

Contact Admins Sarna.net