Why is there no entry for or about the Japanese version of the game?

Pages: 1
Karagin
06/14/20 09:33 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I am sharing this link so you have an idea of what I am referring to.

Japanese Battletech Images
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
FrabbyModerator
06/15/20 05:54 AM

Basically, because nobody has written it yet.

The lead product line, as far as Sarna BattleTechWiki is concerned, is the original FASA --> FanPro --> Wizkids/Topps/IMR/CGL game.
The Japanese edition is notable because of the different art, but ultimately, it's just a foreign language edition of an existing product (as opposed to being an original product deserving its own article, like the SNES MechWarrior game).
We do have rump attempts for covering foreign language editions including Pserratv's contributions about BattleTech in Spain and my own grandiose plans for a summary Essay article titled "BattleTech in Germany", but even these only scratch the surface. There is just so much ground to cover on the wiki, and too few editors with too little time...
Karagin
06/15/20 08:51 PM

Some of the art was used for some of the Solaris mechs for their art. So there is that tie into the main game. MECHA PRESS did a nice article on this same topic late 1999/early 2000.
Karagin

FrabbyModerator
06/16/20 12:31 PM

So why don't you try and edit or write an article or two?
Karagin
06/16/20 01:13 PM

I am not very good at that kind of thing.
Karagin

ghostrider
06/17/20 01:35 AM

Present a draft and have someone help with making a final page that does sound good. More then a few don't have the basic information to do it right. So research is a main problem with getting things done. Present the data and where to get it. I would think this would start the page writing better then just saying it needs to be done.

But I do agree that if it is part of the game, it should be covered. Even if it is nothing more then saying this is part of why the game got sued.
Karagin
06/17/20 11:05 AM

Quote:
Present a draft and have someone help with making a final page that does sound good. More then a few don't have the basic information to do it right. So research is a main problem with getting things done. Present the data and where to get it. I would think this would start the page writing better then just saying it needs to be done.

But I do agree that if it is part of the game, it should be covered. Even if it is nothing more then saying this is part of why the game got sued.

I did give a link, and Frabby gave his comments, and I pointed out that some fo the art was used for the Solaris Seven box set mechs and follow-ups to that. The issue is I don't have the time to devote to researching the information, and I am not very good at getting the grand idea in my head on paper in a manner that will get across what I want it to.
Karagin

Wick
07/14/20 05:35 PM

Regarding the art reused for S7 Arena mechs. List here, photos in attachment.
- Locust art reused for the KT-P2 Koto.
- Marauder art reused for CL-P3 Colossus.
- Stinger art reused for TS-P1 Tsunami.
- Wasp art reused for MR-P1 Morpheus.
I think this same artist did the work for SA-OS Onslaught as well, but that photo isn't on the webpage.

The other seven mechs in the set were all drawn by someone else from direct forward position and don't look as badass.

They should have kept his/her art - in all five cases its superior to the redraws we got in TRO:3055 Upgrade (which are the ones shown on the sarna.net articles for each of these mechs) Some of those could have solved Unseen design problems as well, and others are perhaps just *too* cool to fit in the BT universe. (I for one would love a Battlemaster that looks like that.)

Attachment (115 downloads)
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Frabby, BobTheZombie, Cray, Nic Jansma 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3435

Contact Admins Sarna.net