The Marian Hegemony banner

Pages: 1
Dermenore
06/16/20 05:03 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Ok, I know it's a question a little stupid but someone knows why the guy in the Marian Hegemony banner has red eyes and green skin. Really, he looks like an orc or a zombie. For a state who pretends to be inspired by the old Rome, it feels really weird. The Free World League already has the eagle as the banner but there is still the she-wolf. Or a bull likes the Ceasar Legion in Fallout New Vegas.

Does green man exist in the Battletech Univers? With mutation or something like that. Or this is just because it's an aggressive and pirate state and they wanted a banner who look edgy?
FrabbyModerator
06/17/20 04:23 PM

I don't actually know the answer. But I imagine the MH was initially conceived as a run-of-the-mill periphery pirate kingdom and got a suitable emblem; and the Romans-in-Space fluff only came later when the pirate kingdom was fleshed out beyond "Arr! Pirates!"
raajchavan
06/20/20 01:50 AM

The one that enjoys to view the video game would certainly not enjoy to hang out on examining the gamers as well as groups. When we purchase the football betting tips the information comes promptly to our e-mails to ensure that we do not invest much time looking into the information on gamers as well as groups. It is constantly best to get football forecasts.
Wick
06/25/20 03:29 PM

Quote:
I imagine the MH was initially conceived as a run-of-the-mill periphery pirate kingdom and got a suitable emblem; and the Romans-in-Space fluff only came later when the pirate kingdom was fleshed out beyond "Arr! Pirates!"

I'd go with this. When I picked up Battletech in 1989 there was no Marion Hegemony yet, at least not on any maps. Just the Concordat, Magistracy, Outworlds Alliance, and Circinus Federation, with a nebulous grouping of "Bandit Kingdoms" coreward of Lyran space. Illyrian Palatinate was first deeper periphery nation I remember seeing, and I think the Marions were made to give them a hostile enemy - but I've no idea is this actually how it panned out.
Dermenore
06/25/20 04:39 PM

Well, that is at least an explanation. Thanks for it.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 72 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 1866

Contact Admins Sarna.net