Do you know what set these pieces go to?

Pages: 1
Ctwink
06/26/20 09:16 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hi -
I bought a CITYTECH box set that included this bag of playing pieces - cardboard faction (I assume) discs and these six Lucite pieces and some extra dice. Does anyone know what set these pieces are from? They are not from the standard CITYTECH box.
Thanks - Ctwink Attachment (135 downloads)
Wick
07/06/20 04:18 PM

Its not anything from Battletech, I can tell you that much. Even Battledroids (the first edition) didn't have round tokens with insect themed labeling. It had hex and recognizable Robotech-derived stuff.

The lucite pieces must be from some other mecha/robot boardgame but none I recognize; the tokens, who knows where. I thought it was a game called Hive, but that uses hex pieces instead of round as well.

The CityTech article at Sarna shows what is in the box. I've got same 1st edition myself and can concur to that image's authenticity, with manual, 2 foldout maps and several sheets of cardboard cutouts for buildings, mechs, vehicles, and infantry platoons, and a number of plastic stands for the mech cutouts. Although I think it additionally came with two D6 dice and the photo appears to have photocopies of the original cutout sheets instead of originals, and only two stands where mine probably came with at least a half dozen. (I've mixed up the pieces with other sets so I can't be sure how many.)

Edited by Wick (07/06/20 04:20 PM)
Requiem
07/06/20 10:35 PM

Lego Bionicle Quest for Makuta Board Game - google their spare tokens –

eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303543713150

Has many of the same pieces as in your pack.
Get thee to Coventry … Now is the winter of our discontent, made glorious by this daughter of Tharkad … Our army shall march through. Well to New Avalon tonight.
ghostrider
07/07/20 04:06 AM

Considering Battle tech used 2 six sided dice, and that was all's citytech used, that bag was not part of the original citytech boxed set.
I couldn't even begin to suggest where the tokens and stuff came from.
Was the box brand new, or did it come from someone that had used it before?

I would think some thing like an offshoot of Dungeons and Dragons, with robotic entities in it.
Given all the games out there, it could well have been part of a game that was only put out in a small area, and not known outside of it.
Then again, how old is the set? City tech came out shortly after the original boxed set.

I would think the purchase was from a used set, and other things got mixed in with it.
Wick
07/09/20 01:24 PM

Quote:
Then again, how old is the set? City tech came out shortly after the original boxed set.

You mean Second edition boxed set, product 1604 (i.e. Battletech, not Battledroids.) Don't see a year anywhere on my Citytech box (product 1608) but rulebook inside has copyright 1986. Of course, it was printed for several years, so that doesn't mean the box itself came from 1986. (I got mine in 1989 or 1990.) I've lost my original Battletech rulebook from 2nd edition set, so I can't compare if its also 1986 or perhaps 1985. Sarna article for boxed sets say 1985 so I'll take that as reliable. Those lucite pieces look a lot newer than that though, 1990s at earliest. Search for Lego Bionicle Quest for Makuta brings up July 2001 as its release. Citytech 2nd edition was already out for years by then (from 1994)

Back of box says Citytech game included: 24 standup cardboard playing pieces (mechs), 12 plastic holders for pieces, 48 cardboard armor pieces, 24 cardboard infantry pieces, 160 cardboard building pieces, 2 cardboard map boards, 1 48-page rulebook, and 2 six-sided dice. But not any of the dice pictured from that bag. I can't recall if the dice where white or red, but certainly remember them having dots rather than numbers.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 83 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2138

Contact Admins Sarna.net