new games not related to Battle Tech

Pages: 1
ghostrider
07/19/20 06:29 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Has anyone one tried Space engineers?
It seems like a pretty decent game, but the progression of what you can make is a pain at times.
But you can build almost anything you can think up.
There is others like it, but this is the one I got.
Depending on if you are in space or an asteroid (zero to very low gravity) or on a world, the jet packs really get you screwed up on which way you are heading at times.

Also, Planetbase and Surviving Mars are pretty similar to each other, but not to Space Engineers. Basic building a 'city' on another world. Resource management is very necessary, and a few things added in for chaos. Meteors being the main issue, but not the only one. Having enough water, and O2 is a problem as well. Getting the resources to produce something to gather those necessary things.
andreamark543
07/20/20 04:22 AM

Yeah, I am playing this game, Are you not playing? if not then I recommend you play it once you will also love this game, infact for playing this game I bought a standing desk from Flexispot free shipping codes at reecoupons, plays share your opinion after playing it. [
ghostrider
08/24/20 12:34 PM

Interesting game, but some of the mechanics is a pain. I hate the progression of what you can build in games, and this one has a few that you would not use the items otherwise. Well not in survival by yourself. It is very interesting to see some of the creations others have made.

A game called Astroneers is one I recently bought. Getting used to the controls, especially when trying to flatten out an area, or build a ramp can be frustrating. The area you start with, is the angle that you get, and more then a few times, the start point moved to the next block, which changes the angle of it.
The big thing is that not all the resources you need are on the world you are on. You will have to go to at least three worlds to gather everything you need, to make some of the things that make the game life easier.

Planet Base needs more things you can make or do. It is pretty straight forward in what you need to do, but leaves out a few things you need to know. Survival, the ability to get some resources is very difficult, as you have temperature to deal with, and some resources are in the cold regions. Which means quick raid runs, but finding the rocks that have them, and dealing with the wildlife can be a pain.

Surviving Mars has you building a community on Mars, but a word of advice to anyone just starting. Get the bots to gather a lot of resources, and do as much research as you can before starting the base. Some of the tech you get will make the base easier to work with. The small domes you start with are not enough to keep the community happy, and the people aren't fond of going outside of the dome they live in to visit others. So home, work and play don't all fit in the smaller domes. The medium size is decent, though still lacking a little.
Spires are things you can research, which help alot. But you do not have access to all the tech in the games. One game might give you the ability to make robot service workers, which means you don't need unskilled labor in the colony, while another game will not bring up that option.
Still interesting on making do with what you get.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 118

Contact Admins Sarna.net