Challange: Text to speech, non english

Pages: 1
JimmyDelucia
08/18/20 10:38 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I’ve been over all topics on this forum with a comb trying to follow up on any and all links i could find. But nothing is touching the option of using the build in voices of WIN10.

I’m trying to do TTS for danish and MS do have a female voice for this, and i’ve installed it.
Here is the overview: support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22797/windows-10-narrator-tts-voices 5
I’ve tried a ton of AHK solutions but without luck changing the voice and i’m hitting a wall with UI Path as well.
Still learning but i simple code example would suffice :slight_smile:

I’ve even gone so far as to look into cognitive packs, I have used many text to speech online converters, but it seems like it’s only Speech to text.

Hope anyone can help?

Edited by JimmyDelucia (08/19/20 02:19 AM)
Wick
08/24/20 12:00 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I believe you will want the Microsoft Speech SDK. Narration is only to do Text-to-Speech for what is displayed on screen and I think you're trying to take it a step further than that by supplying custom text strings.

It should be language-specific but I imagine English is default. I don't have much experience with it (only 4.0 version about 20 years ago) but it does appear to support alternate language grammars and vocabulary. Choice of voices may be limited to one male and one female though in some languages - I suspect some languages have more choices than others.

I think what you want in .Net framework is System.Speech.Synthesis.SpeechSynthesizer.Speak():
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/..._System_String_
May need to use GetInstalledVoices() and SetVoice() to select a Danish text-to-speech voice pattern (assuming installed for narration also works for TTS, and it might not)
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3899

Contact Admins Sarna.net