MW1 scale

Pages: 1
zamosc
09/10/20 08:34 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I am new to the forum, but only played a fee game sessions of MW1. I noticed the scale and it is larger then most character-to-character size.

Do you scale done the hex grids to be 1-2m?

Edited by zamosc (09/10/20 08:35 PM)
ghostrider
09/11/20 02:42 PM

I want to say the MW1 hex size was set to 5 meters. This is basically a 1 to 6 scale of the 30 meter board game.

But the actual numbers is something I never really bothered with. The range of say a shoulder carried SRM launcher didn't seem to come out with the proper range when converted to the board game. So the numbers and formulas are beyond me. Hopefully someone that has it figured out will chime in.
zamosc
09/14/20 06:12 PM

Quote:
I want to say the MW1 hex size was set to 5 meters. This is basically a 1 to 6 scale of the 30 meter board game.

But the actual numbers is something I never really bothered with. The range of say a shoulder carried SRM launcher didn't seem to come out with the proper range when converted to the board game. So the numbers and formulas are beyond me. Hopefully someone that has it figured out will chime in.

Hi ghostrider
I played more Classic Traveller then Mechwarrior, so I was surprised to find a human scale game with 5m hex. In Classic Traveller, each hex is 2m, which works out to be roughly the average size of a man.

With a hex of 5m, more then one person could be in a hex. Maybe that is how the SMG burst fire with hitting the surrounding hexes really works. Not sure. I will have to dig up my copy and maybe do the math for the hex and weapons.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 35 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3383

Contact Admins Sarna.net