5 years of custom work, anyone want to test some weird stuff?

Pages: 1
TerrasFallen
12/14/20 12:12 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hi there fellow BT nerds! Long time lurker first time poster here.
I'll get straight into this as anything else would take forever to explain. I have spent 5+ years, 6 in January, working on various hairbrained ideas that I have manifested and tested on/with a wide range of people in my local area and on Tabletop Simulator. These hairbrained ideas have coalesced in the last couple of years into a full tech set including weapons, equipment, and foundational mech construction systems. I have however reached what appears to be a plateau in what I can do with direct personal testing. I now need folks to help me out by taking the stock mechs I have created for use from this tech system and play them with others using standard tech systems.

There are a range of changes. First there is a rework of the AC stats and implementation of modification packages for AC and energy weapons along with an entire set of new ballistic and missile weapons. Second there are equipment changes for things like Artemis and C3 along with a new range of equipment and gear. Last there is a fundamental change to the basic construction of mechs based off of some design ideas from reading SL era R&D stuff.

I have 280 custom sheets for use, that are all BV'd and tech rated. The weapons and equipment on these sheets that carry familiar names like the ACs, lasers, and such are all custom and rebalanced. These are also custom made sheets so they don't look like the regular SSW ones but are designed for simplicity of use. All that being said, with the sheets and a list of basic differences you should be able to use these as they are against existing units both IS and Clan.

If you want to ask me more about this or get access to the mech or even dive into the guts of how I have redesigned the base level mech construction system for this faction you can message me here and we can go from there. I'm also on the Battletech discord and you can contact me directly on that platform at TerrasFallen#7162 if you would like to voice chat or have me stream and explain items that I send you for testing.
TerrasFallen
The guy who does the thing
Karagin
12/14/20 02:41 PM

I would be willing to look things over, not sure what I can devote to it time wise, but I can give an in-depth look and get comments and questions out to you.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
frigid
12/21/20 12:49 PM

Having played some of this stuff with Terras, I can honestly say that it’s fun. The engine/tonnage rework is interesting and opens the floodgates for all sorts of hilarious (and sometimes janky) shenanigans. I also appreciate the work he’s done to try and improve upon BV (who would have thought that things like ‘balance’ would be nice to have?)

I recommend looking at this, and RIP cancer cannon mk1

-frigid
TerrasFallen
01/10/21 08:55 AM

Well, that was a short run. So on one hand, I have some grognards basically sending me death threats for daring to try to add to the sacred texts of BT and on the other hand a bunch of people have told me to take the work I did on this and just build a new game around it. I choose number two. So while the stuff I have on here will remain and anyone that wants to use them will find them polished up and worked on a little more of over time most of my work will get shifted into a new TT entirely. Thanks to the people that were supportive and helped me out, especially frigid, puupbutts, nukefarmer, and Toblerone.
TerrasFallen
The guy who does the thing
Karagin
01/10/21 12:14 PM

I am still messing with the stuff, no different than anyone adding house rules or weapons and my group has always been up to trying both.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
AmaroqStarwind
10/05/21 11:56 AM

I'm sorry to hear about the death threats... I honestly don't think anybody deserves to go through that.

Chances are, you were a victim of a Comstar false-flag operation. I ought to have a word with them...

-=-=-

While I know that you have decided to instead take your work and make a new game (which does seem better in the long run as you get a lot more creative freedom that way), I would still love an opportunity to test out some of your homebrew. I have my Discord linked in my signature.
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 42 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5523

Contact Admins Sarna.net