Is there a Conversion Chart or Formula for MW RPG to Current RPG?

Pages: 1
Karagin
07/26/21 07:11 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Okay, I was wondering if there was a formula or chart for converting old MECHWARRIOR RPG (Original) stuff to the current RPG?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
07/28/21 09:04 PM

No, A Time of War (MW4) only has a conversion process from MW3. You could try converting from M1 to MW2 to MW3 and then to ATOW, but there'd be a lot of drift in the process.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
07/28/21 10:20 PM

Quote:
No, A Time of War (MW4) only has a conversion process from MW3. You could try converting from M1 to MW2 to MW3 and then to ATOW, but there'd be a lot of drift in the process.

I never liked the MW3 RPG, felt it was too restrictive. Okay, I will figure out something.
Karagin

CrayModerator
07/30/21 02:45 PM

Understood. I definitely prefer MW2 and MW4/ATOW over MW3.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Starhound
08/04/21 08:06 PM

By current RPG you mean A Time of War or Mechwarrior Destiny?
A Time of War Companion has guidelines and conversion tables from all MW1, MW2 and MW3 to AToW. I'm not sure wheter or not MW Destiny has some conversion formulas thought
Karagin
08/04/21 08:09 PM

Current as in what is being pushed this year for the RPG, personally I like MW2 and its setup.
Karagin

Starhound
08/06/21 04:50 PM

Quote:
Current as in what is being pushed this year for the RPG, personally I like MW2 and its setup.

my guess is that would be both CGL's RPGs, AToW and Destiny. AToW has conversions in Companion book, but reading through Destiny book, I don't see any there.

Personally I like MW3, AToW is way too much crunchy for me, especially for character generation, it is insane. On the other side, Destiny doesn't look bad, it's rules light, narrative system for cinematic action
iron_sirocco
12/29/21 02:27 PM

I have only played MW1 and MW3 missing out on MW2. However, out of the two versions I played, I have to agree that MW3 was too much. I came from Classic Traveller (CT), so MW1 seemed as if a life cycle of CT with added items, which I very much enjoyed.

Is MW2 that much different from MW1?
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3990

Contact Admins Sarna.net