Are there plans for UI/UX updates?

Pages: 1
Jur_Bear
07/29/21 11:18 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Are there plans to update the general UI elements of the wiki? I have many suggestions for a newer design, as a full stack web developer myself. I love this site and come back here every few years as new games come out. This is something I would also lend some time.

One suggestion example: eliminate duplicate links in the top fold that ultimate reduce usable real estate of the page. See attached Attachment (90 downloads)

Edited by Jur_Bear (07/29/21 11:18 PM)
Nic JansmaAdministrator
08/04/21 10:26 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hi Jur_Bear,

Thanks for reaching out.

The last major redesign of the site was in 2013. It's probably showing it's age a bit, but... redesigns take time, and I'm a little scarce on that right now

The News links you point to are intentional... the top News link is just part of the global site navigation that's an anchor on each page. The middle "Sarna News: [headline]" is to highlight the most recent news article. If you weren't running an ad-blocker, the right "Sarna News" section with the 5 most recent articles would be further down the page. I found that people weren't knowing about the latest news as much with it being possibly buried over there, so I added the top news link to bring more focus on it.

Appreciate any ideas you have though!
-- NicJ
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Frabby, BobTheZombie, Cray, Nic Jansma 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2879

Contact Admins Sarna.net