Miyamoto Q5E5A

Pages: 1
Karagin
08/23/21 08:31 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Okay, need to work out the fluff on this one but sharing the basic idea. This is a siege-type tank, it's main role is to engage other units in a city or close environments, the ER PPC is there to keep things away from it.

Code:
           BattleTech Vehicle Technical Readout
* CUSTOM WEAPONS

Type/Model: Miyamoto Q5E5A
Tech: Inner Sphere / 3060
Config: Tracked Vehicle
Rules: Level 3, Standard design

Mass: 95 tons
Power Plant: 380 GM XL Fusion
Cruise Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Armor Type: Hvy Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
1 ER PPC
2 Streak SRM 2s
2 Anti-Missile Systems
2 Magshots*
1 'Mech Mortar/8
Manufacturer: (Unknown)
Communications System: (Unknown)
Targeting & Tracking System: (Unknown)

--------------------------------------------------------
Type/Model: Miyamoto Q5E5A

Equipment: Items Mass
Int. Struct.: 50 pts Standard 0 9.50
Engine: 380 XL Fusion 2 20.50
Shielding & Transmission Equipment: 0 10.50
Cruise MP: 4
Flank MP: 6
Heat Sinks: 15 Single 0 5.00
Cockpit & Controls: 0 5.00
Crew: 7 Members 0 .00
Turret Equipment: 0 2.50
Armor Factor: 168 pts Hvy Ferro-Fibrous 3 8.50

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Front: 10 45
Left / Right Sides: 10 30/30
Rear: 10 20
Turret: 10 43

Weapons and Equipment Loc Heat Ammo Items Mass
1 ER PPC Turret 15 1 7.00
2 Streak SRM 2s Turret 0 50 3 4.00
2 Anti-Missile Systems Turret 0 48 3 5.00
1 Magshot* Front 0 50 2 1.50
1 Magshot* Turret 0 50 1 1.50
1 'Mech Mortar/8 Turret 0 16 2 14.00
1 C.A.S.E. Equipment Body 1 .50
TOTALS: 15 18 95.00
Items & Tons Left: 6 .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 21,016,450 C-Bills
Battle Value 2: 1,154 (old BV = 738)
Cost per BV: 18,211.83
Weapon Value: 750 / 709 (Ratio = .65 / .61)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 21; MRDmg = 11; LRDmg = 5
BattleForce2: MP: 4T, Armor/Structure: 0 / 7
Damage PB/M/L: 3/3/2, Overheat: 0
Class: GA; Point Value: 12
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
ghostrider
08/24/21 02:35 AM

The weight for the magshots are off. One listing has the ammo added to it, while the other doesn't, yet both say the same weight.
As the mech mortar is more likely to cause damage to other things, the idea of the streaks seems a bit odd, if using the concept of not damaging buildings nearby. I say this as having another SRM launcher might be better then just the 2 streaks. This does not counteract the streaks guarantee damage when they fire.
Sadly, the IS ERPPC doesn't add to damage, but no minimum does help.

A nit pick is the time line for the magshot. The official release was 3077, though the trials were 3061 to 3066.

It just doesn't seem like a good choice for city combat. The minimum on the Mech Mortars of 6, is just to long for a lot of city fights. For 16 damage, it could be better to use the weight for something else.
But it is nice for IDF in the city. No ams will touch the shots.
Karagin
08/24/21 09:19 AM

The weights are not off. They both have ammo listed, that would be the 50 shots per gun which makes it 1.50 tons PER weapon system.

Yeah, the Streaks were more of wanting higher-tech missiles, but I was kind of going with dropping them back down to standard SRM 2s.

I don't care about the damn release dates for weapon systems, they added that in and it has done nothing for the game other than cause folks to argue. Same with much of the so-called primitive tech stuff.

The tank is not going to slug it out with other stuff, not unless it has to, it's more akin to the old StuGs or ASU-type vehicles. The idea of the mortar was to give indirect that wasn't missile fire and allow it to have a couple of surprise.
Karagin

ghostrider
08/24/21 11:05 AM

The items listed for one says 2 items at 1.50 tons and the other says 1 item at 1.50 tons. This is why it was brought up. So guessing that is a typo. The main reason why I seen this as having 50 shots for both guns is a bit overboard when you look at the other weapons having less then 25. Not that this is a bad idea when dealing with long term fights.

I would suggest that in the fluff, you say something like it needs a spotter for the mortars, otherwise it would need direct line of sight. But this is assuming they were meant to shell things that weren't in direct line of sight.

Too bad mech mortars don't have guided rounds. A nice TAG would help reduce collateral damage.
Karagin
08/24/21 11:44 AM

Look again I think you are confusing the AMS for the Magshots, they are listed singly and with their ammo. I can see going with a single bin for the ammo though.
Karagin

ghostrider
08/24/21 12:14 PM

1 Magshot* Turret 0 50 1 1.50
Guess I should have copied it the first time.

If you do go with one ton of ammo, it does give you some weight to work with.
I would suggest some more armor. In my opinion 30 points for an assault tank sounds a little low given the environment of a city. Even sitting outside, can cause issues with side hits.
Karagin
08/24/21 12:42 PM

Yes, one is in the front, with the ammo, the other is in the turret. Ammo is always considered in the body of the vehicle.
Karagin

Karagin
08/24/21 12:57 PM

Code:
          BattleTech Vehicle Technical Readout
* CUSTOM WEAPONS

Type/Model: Miyamoto Q5E5B
Tech: Inner Sphere / 3060
Config: Tracked Vehicle
Rules: Level 3, Standard design

Power Plant: 380 GM XL Fusion
Cruise Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Armor Type: Hvy Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
1 ER PPC
2 SRM 2s
2 Anti-Missile Systems
2 Magshots*
1 'Mech Mortar/8
Manufacturer: (Unknown)
Communications System: (Unknown)
Targeting & Tracking System: (Unknown)

Type/Model: Miyamoto Q5E5B

Equipment: Items Mass
Int. Struct.: 50 pts Standard 0 9.50
Engine: 380 XL Fusion 2 20.50
Shielding & Transmission Equipment: 0 10.50
Cruise MP: 4
Flank MP: 6
Heat Sinks: 15 Single 0 5.00
Cockpit & Controls: 0 5.00
Crew: 7 Members 0 .00
Turret Equipment: 0 2.50
Armor Factor: 168 pts Hvy Ferro-Fibrous 3 8.50

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Front: 10 45
Left / Right Sides: 10 30/30
Rear: 10 20
Turret: 10 43

Weapons and Equipment Loc Heat Ammo Items Mass
1 ER PPC Turret 15 1 7.00
2 SRM 2s Turret 0 50 3 3.00
2 Anti-Missile Systems Turret 0 48 3 5.00
1 Magshot* Turret 0 1 .50
1 'Mech Mortar/8 Turret 0 16 2 14.00
1 Targeting Computer 1 2.00
1 C.A.S.E. Equipment Body 1 .50
1 Trailer Hitch Rear 1 .00
TOTALS: 15 20 95.00
Items & Tons Left: 4 .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 20,981,350 C-Bills
Battle Value 2: 1,203 (old BV = 773)
Cost per BV: 17,440.86
Weapon Value: 793 / 793 (Ratio = .66 / .66)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 20; MRDmg = 12; LRDmg = 7
BattleForce2: MP: 4T, Armor/Structure: 0 / 7
Damage PB/M/L: 3/3/2, Overheat: 0
Class: GA; Point Value: 12

Second Prototype. Changes are less MagShot ammo, Streaks SRMs changed to standard SRMs, and a Targetting Computer added.

Might drop the TargComp for an infantry bay, thus using the 2 tons for another surprise kind of thing.
Karagin

ghostrider
08/24/21 03:36 PM

The infantry bay might be the good choice. They can be used to spot for the Mortar as well as scout the city without being detected as easily as the tank.

The flanks might need something to help protect them, as well as the rear. The infantry would help there if not doing the scouting, though a mag shot on the sides might help.
Not necessary, but helpful.
Karagin
08/24/21 03:54 PM

Might do a 1-ton bay and maybe a Probe or ECM or something like that.
Karagin

happyguy49
08/27/21 02:18 PM

I like well-designed heavy tanks, and this one qualifies the Mech Mortar in particular; I don't think they get enough use.. they have some interesting specialty ammo.

Of course, being anal, there are always things I would criticize or otherwise fiddle with. I am not a fan of Magshots. They can explode if critted, and that explosion cause further fatal crits. LMG is a preferable backup weapon in my opinion, it has almost as much range, doesn't explode if critted, does more damage vs. non-BA infantry. (and on vehicles, can soak a crit.) In this design, you also allocate a whole ton of ammo for each Magshot, that is unnecessary.

If my unit were sent one of these, I'd remove the magshots and a ton of AMS ammo, add a Light TAG to front, a LMG to each side, (with just a half-ton of LMG ammo) and a half-ton infantry bay. This adds more capabilities, soaks weapon crits harmlessly in 300 degrees, makes the tank more survivable.

XL engine.. they don't turn tanks into deathtraps the way they do Spheroid mechs, but they are VERY expensive. A smaller engine with a supercharger is way cheaper and gives you the same top speed, but that's more a new design than a modification.
Karagin
08/27/21 05:43 PM

Quote:
I like well-designed heavy tanks, and this one qualifies the Mech Mortar in particular; I don't think they get enough use.. they have some interesting specialty ammo.

Thanks

Quote:

Of course, being anal, there are always things I would criticize or otherwise fiddle with. I am not a fan of Magshots. They can explode if critted, and that explosion cause further fatal crits. LMG is a preferable backup weapon in my opinion, it has almost as much range, doesn't explode if critted, does more damage vs. non-BA infantry. (and on vehicles, can soak a crit.) In this design, you also allocate a whole ton of ammo for each Magshot, that is unnecessary.

I did play around with the Magshot ammo, I lowered it one ton of ammo for the two.

Quote:

If my unit were sent one of these, I'd remove the magshots and a ton of AMS ammo, add a Light TAG to front, a LMG to each side, (with just a half-ton of LMG ammo) and a half-ton infantry bay. This adds more capabilities, soaks weapon crits harmlessly in 300 degrees, makes the tank more survivable.

XL engine.. they don't turn tanks into deathtraps the way they do Spheroid mechs, but they are VERY expensive. A smaller engine with a supercharger is way cheaper and gives you the same top speed, but that's more a new design than a modification.

The AMS is like extra armor to an extend, so I am not sure if lowering its ammo is a good idea. The LMGs though are something that could be considered. TAG and a Probe are some things I did mention as a possible need or want.

XL vs SuperCharger, that comes down to how you want to play, if you are playing in a RGP setting then sure price is an issue, if you aren't then it's not the end of the world. I am not a fan of how BT gets their speed setting math and that has more to do with my have being a transporter and hauling large vehicles.
Karagin

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 220 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3118

Contact Admins Sarna.net