Book list and in order of reading

Pages: 1
iron_sirocco
12/30/21 03:02 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
So I am really getting into the back story of Battletech and Mechwarrior. I played years ago as a kid, but found all my stuff being home doing cleaning due to the VIRUS. Years I played, but didn't really care about the story; however, that has changed.

I found the following list at Wikipedia; however, I am not sure if it is complete.
*can't post links yet

Also, should I read the stories in order of publish date or is there an order for timeline that should be read in?

thx

Edited by iron_sirocco (12/30/21 03:03 PM)
Reiter
12/30/21 03:23 PM

Read as you wish, anything post Clan invasion is mostly in chronological order or side stories (like the one time finding alien life or the death of the last Amaris descendant). The older stories are generally just backround lore, like Justin Allard-Lio, The Wolves Dragoons, and the Grey Death trilogy.
iron_sirocco
12/30/21 05:42 PM

I am not sure when the clan invasion took place; however, I hope to educate myself on the lore.

Thank you
ghostrider
12/30/21 06:59 PM

So you know, some of the stories follow the units from 3000s on past the clan invasion that took place in 3049. The Wolf's Dragoons, and Gray Death Legion are two of the big ones. I say this as if you read their entire saga without knowing this, some things will seem confusing.

As Reiter says, read them as you like, but I do suggest reading them in the game timeline, so you don't have conflicts on how something is done in one book, yet the next doesn't even have that equipment or ability.

Also, some of the events in them run with game canon history closely. The attack by the Dragoons on Hoff is a good one, with some of the old adventure packs giving you a way to replay some of those battles.
So you know, the Dark Ages line comes after the clan invasion. The Republic of the Sphere will throw you off if you read them before a lot of the others, as that only came about way after the clans.
Karagin
12/31/21 10:48 AM

https://www.librarything.com/nseries/3376/BattleTech-Novel-Reading-Order

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/List_of_BattleTech_Print_Novels_and_Anthologies

This should give a good idea of the order to read them in and give you a full jump right back into things.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
iron_sirocco
01/02/22 05:43 PM

@Karagin
Thank you
Karagin
01/02/22 11:11 PM

Always glad to help.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 167 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2828

Contact Admins Sarna.net