Artic Hare (Cold Weather IFV - Support Vehicle)

Pages: 1
Zaku
05/16/22 12:08 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Artic Hare Cold Weather Infantry Fighting Vehicle

Type: Artic Hare
Chassis Type: Tracked (Medium)
Technology Base: Clan (Standard)
Mass: 90 tons
Battle Value: 1,250

Equipment Mass (tons)
Chassis/Controls 24.875
Engine/Trans. 23.5
Cruise MP:6
Flank MP:9
Heat Sinks 10 10.0
Fuel 0.0
Turret 1.0
Armor Factor (BAR 10) 163 8.5

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Front 9 36
R/L Side 9/9 30/30
Rear 9 30
Turret 9 37

Weapons
and Ammo Location Tonnage
Machine Gun Front 0.25
Large Pulse Laser Turret 6.0
Machine Gun Turret 0.25
Streak SRM 6 Turret 3.0
Streak SRM 6 Ammo (15) Body 1.0
Half Machine Gun Ammo (100) Body 0.5

Cargo
10 tons Infantry Bay

Notes:
Features Snowmobile, Armored Chassis Chassis and Controls Modifications
Active Probe(1 ton)
Advanced Fire Control(1 ton)
Searchlight(4; 0.005 tons each)
CASE

Design: Created by Clan Ghost Bear to deal with frigid conditions in the their new territories. The Artic Hare is a massively oversized all terrain infantry transport, made for long forays into the deep ice deserts of the new worlds they find themselves in. Able to keep up a consistent speed in the heavily snow torn landscape, the Artic hare with its upgrades can outpace all military vehicles and all but the fastest clan light mechs. Due to deep snows hampering on movement (+1 MP per hex), the Artic hare is well suited to patrolling the undeveloped icy worlds, with its upgraded tracks allowing it to go through snow, woodland and while slowly even into urban regions. While heavy and very specialized and ill suited for assaults' on non-ice worlds, the Artic Hare is excellent on defensive deployment or patrol, being able to respond quickly to issues and deploy 2 full points of elementals to any situation, and is well armed enough to act as a Infantry fighting vehicle and support them.

You have also probably spotted it MASSIVE engine, which I assume is custom made for it. I think this is the result of the support vehicle rules, as a 90 ton combat vehicle closing at 97.2 KPH is rather crazy. Its also cheap and is able to double as a mid level clan tank with a Streak 6, and Large pulse laser, and with its machine guns it can provide decent heavy fire on the move.

I am unsure if there is any quirks of support vehicles that make this unsuited for combat.

Design Quirks: N/A

Alternate Builds

The Crimson Hare

Due to the durability of the design and its ability, the Artic Hare was adapted for front line duty. Removing the equipment that allowed it to move quickly in the snow, the tank was re-equipped with a armoured motive structure, increasing its durability. A additional ton of armour was also added.

Cost: 4,348,863
BV: 1300
Karagin
05/16/22 12:34 PM

Did the rules change for the weight of the snowmobile add-on to vehicles?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Zaku
05/16/22 12:58 PM

I am unsure.

Megamek did not prevent me from making this. Then again Support vehicles do not operate on engine rating like other vehicles, otherwise you could never build the REALLY HUGE ones.

Also as its Tech F vehicle it has a lot of weight savings in structure and engine. But as it stands I am unsure.
Zaku
06/04/22 08:29 AM

I have checked around, and I can confirm that engine weight for Support vehicles is calculated via formula rather than the fixed standard then for combat vehicles, mechs and other aerospace. So yeah, a 90 tonner moving this fast is legal.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 135 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3415

Contact Admins Sarna.net