Gaia Elemental Transport, 2870 Clan-Tech Vehicle, 60 Tons.

Pages: 1
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
05/16/22 05:25 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Code:

BattleTech Vehicle Technical Readout
VALIDATED

Type/Model: Gaia Elemental Transport
Tech: Clan / 2870
Config: Tracked Vehicle
Rules: Level 2, Standard design

Mass: 60 tons
Power Plant: 180 Fusion
Cruise Speed: 32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
Armor Type: Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
4 ER Medium Lasers
6 Machine Guns
1 LRM 15
Manufacturer: (Unknown)
Communications System: (Unknown)
Targeting & Tracking System: (Unknown)

--------------------------------------------------------
Type/Model: Gaia Elemental Transport
Mass: 60 tons

Equipment: Items Mass
Int. Struct.: 24 pts Standard 0 6.00
Engine: 180 Fusion 0 7.00
Shielding & Transmission Equipment: 0 3.50
Cruise MP: 3
Flank MP: 5
Heat Sinks: 20 Single 0 10.00
Cockpit & Controls: 0 3.00
Crew: 4 Members 0 .00
Armor Factor: 172 pts Ferro-Fibrous 1 9.00

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Front: 6 56
Left / Right Sides: 6 40/40
Rear: 6 36

Weapons and Equipment Loc Heat Ammo Items Mass
2 ER Medium Lasers Left 10 2 2.00
2 Machine Guns Left 0 2 .50
2 ER Medium Lasers Right 10 2 2.00
2 Machine Guns Right 0 2 .50
1 LRM 15 Front 0 16 2 5.50
2 Machine Guns Front 0 100 3 1.00
1 C.A.S.E. Equipment Body 0 .00
Infantry Bay Body 1 5.00
Infantry Bay Body 1 5.00
TOTALS: 20 16 60.00
Items & Tons Left: 1 .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 2,632,800 C-Bills
Battle Value 2: 1,202 (old BV = 845)
Cost per BV: 2,190.35
Weapon Value: 1,187 / 1,187 (Ratio = .99 / .99)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 36; MRDmg = 22; LRDmg = 6
BattleForce2: MP: 3T, Armor/Structure: 0 / 7
Damage PB/M/L: 5/4/1, Overheat: 0
Class: GH; Point Value: 12
Specials: tran10, if

--- I conceived of this as a way to move Elementals that would have been designed not long after the introduction of said Elementals. I envisioned it as being primarily used by Clans Wolf, Ghost Bear and Hell's Horses, since the Wolves more or less "invented" the Elemental, the Ghost Bears adore using them and the Hell's Horses contributed to the Elemental's development and favor combined arms deployments. Under Clan organization, two Gaias would be a Point, while the four Elemental Points they could transit would combine to make it a Star.

--- While it seems mixed Stars are not favored by any Clans, a unit capable of moving, protecting and providing both indirect and direct fire support to Elementals and even Infantry points would be of good use. Thus I've considered it to be one of the exceptional few cases of a Mixed Star on said basis. While OmniMechs can transport Elementals, they tend to be exposed during said transit, and unlike this vehicle, 'Mechs cannot hide behind terrain that is only 1 level high, requiring at a minimum 2 levels.

--- It's quite a slow transport even by Spheroid standards, but it is designed to protect it's Elementals on the way to the battle and provide primarily indirect fire support to them when it arrives. The ER Medium Lasers and Machine Guns serve to alleviate the need to babysit it while it lobs LRMs. Most prominent in Ghost Bear, Wolf and Hell's Horses, it sees some use outside these, but mostly as a second line unit working alongside infantry in the IFV role.
"Woad Raider, kill things today."
Zaku
05/18/22 05:30 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I adore the idea of APCs/IFVs for battle armour. Though to be fair a omni mech is often a better investment if you are using bipedal battle mechs. Or if you need to get them quickly a Dasher or a Anhur VTOL, or a badger if you need them there reliably. Still it’s a concept that needs pushing. Yours feels more like a extra large badger, though it is only mildly more expensive it’s bette armed, armoured and can move 10 battle armours rather than 5. A good trade off for the low speed and cost. Honestly I would say pulse lasers would make a better alternative to ER mediums, if only for tracking enemy battle armours. Though that takes weight compromises.

I would also recommend project zhukovs (a fan TRO) Genesha combat vehicle. It’s a very heavy version of yours with excellent armour and crit redundancy. Thorough infinitely more expensive. I have my own design that can move 16 IS battle armours at 4/6 but that still needs work.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 107 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2938

Contact Admins Sarna.net