Oriente -HPG Station

Pages: 1
Requiem
11/02/22 06:38 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Oriente

Note under Sarna’s Oriete web page under Apocryphal Content Starts the following is noted … “According to the (apocryphal) novel Die Albatros-Akte, Oriente's Class A HPG station (which was destroyed on orders of Captain-General Charles Marik in early 2837) was an orbital facility.”

Please note the following from source book House Marik

Pg 31. - … asked her [the sister of Charles Marik] to keep an eye out for any communications that indicated threats to the Free Worlds security.
Pg 32. – Outraged, Charles ordered the Oriente fleet into action, killing the Adepts of the Oriente A station (including his sister) as the station itself was reduced to floating space debris.
Pg. 35 – (though the Oriente station itself was not completely rebuilt until 2841).

What this indicates is that it is NOT apocryphal – Oriente’s HPG Station is an orbiting space station and that it should still be there – rebuilt in 2841 and never destroyed during Jihad etc …..

Game Question? How many other HPG stations should also be space stations? And can there be other HPG stations in the vacuum of space to ensure messages are sent expeditiously to Terra bypassing planet to planet long route – as well as holding vast information as a data node – thus if a Great House was able to find and board such a space station (Via my Archaeological Battlemech units or commando / spy unit) – get in and copy all the information – what could they possibly find?
Get thee to Coventry … Now is the winter of our discontent, made glorious by this daughter of Tharkad … Our army shall march through. Well to New Avalon tonight.
FrabbyModerator
11/05/22 02:09 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Good find. I wasn’t aware of the Marik HB quote when I put in the info from the apocryphal German novel. Will amend the article when I find some free time.

Which has become something of a stale running gag for me lately - no time for nothing anymore, I seem to get nothing done these days.
If any other editor is reading this, please feel free to update the article.

Edited by Frabby (11/05/22 02:10 PM)
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 165 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3770

Contact Admins Sarna.net