RE: Heavy Gauss and CASE

Pages: 1
l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ
12/08/22 03:43 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
--- If I split the critical locations of a Heavy Gauss, let's say, between a Side Torso and the Center Torso right? So if I have CASE or CASE II in the Side Torso, but the Heavy Gauss Crits in the Center Torso gets hit, how do I apply the CASE? Does it even apply at all?
"Woad Raider, kill things today."
ghostrider
12/08/22 12:07 PM

To my knowledge, the only location covered by the Case is the location it is in.
I would assume, but don't know the rules, that if a weapon occupies two locations, the case only protects the one location, with the exception of not allowing explosive internal damage from moving closer to the center torso.
The example of the CT spot being hit, is interesting. I would assume you are looking to salvage things, as the CT is likely to shut down the mech.

II was going the say the cast should prevent the damage from moving outwards, and in this case, should prevent the damage from moving outwards. The side torso with damage heading towards the arm is questionable, though given the information of the case system should prevent the damage there as well. Might send the limb flying, but the damage should not be from the explosive damage.

My opinion would be it should prevent damage outward, as it does inward. So the crits on the weapon would be limited to the section that got hit.
Hopefully someone with a better understanding of this will respond, so we all can learn.
CrayModerator
12/08/22 10:20 PM

Quote:
--- If I split the critical locations of a Heavy Gauss, let's say, between a Side Torso and the Center Torso right? So if I have CASE or CASE II in the Side Torso, but the Heavy Gauss Crits in the Center Torso gets hit, how do I apply the CASE? Does it even apply at all?

This is described in Total Warfare under the "Heavy Gauss Rifle" entry on p.136. Basically, it depends on where the HGR takes a crit:

"Critical Hits: Treat a critical hit against a heavy Gauss rifle as
a 25-point ammunition explosion in the location containing the
critical slot struck. If a heavy Gauss rifle is split between the center
torso and side torso, CASE located in the side torso that contains
the heavy Gauss rifle stops any transfer of damage to the center
torso; if the Gauss rifle is struck in the center torso, however, a
25-point ammunition explosion applies to the center torso."
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3170

Contact Admins Sarna.net