Laser Pulse Module and TAG

Pages: 1
AmaroqStarwind
12/30/22 04:00 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Could the Laser Pulse Module be used with Target Acquisition Gear? I mean, it is technically a laser.
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
ghostrider
12/30/22 12:01 PM

Don't see why not.
Though a solid beam might be better as it would allow anything targeting the beams end to maintain a solid lock, not have to deal with 'losing' it between the pulse cycles. This may be moot as the items locked on, may not have this issue.

The question is why a pulse laser?
Is there something like a better lock concept that I don't know about?
Does it avoid issues like dust and such on the battlefield?
I would think the laser itself does have a coded pulse, so as to keep the enemy from confusing incoming munitions to hit your side, but that doesn't require the laser to pulse. Or maybe I am mistaken on this.
AmaroqStarwind
12/30/22 01:04 PM

It was kinda just an idle thought, wondering how I could improve the effectiveness of TAG using only existing components and no design quirks.
ghostrider
12/30/22 07:44 PM

Wonder if you could do a fast pulse, then wait a second or two, so sensors could not find where it originated at.

For the laser to lock on, pulse lasers do get the +1, so you might be able to get a better lock.
Might suggest running in that direction with it. Make it a little easier to get the target lock, while being just a little heavier as pulse lasers run.
Might also suggest that the pulsing messes with AMS, so it downgrades the AMS targeting the incoming missiles.
This would allow it a little more difference then say a C3 masters function as a TAG.

There are things that can be done. Just can't think of any more at the moment.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 75 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3051

Contact Admins Sarna.net