Lift Hoists and arcs

Pages: 1
AmaroqStarwind
01/02/23 12:50 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Does a lift hoist on a Quad 'Mech benefit from being turret-mounted, or from having the "directional torso mount" design quirk?

My sister and I are designing a mech for evacuating civilians in an active warzone (think: mobile bunker), and my sister argues that the lift hoist will allow it to be less dependent on other units, should a civilian be trapped in a nasty situation.
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
ghostrider
01/02/23 03:30 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Turret mounting would allow it to lift from all arcs it can reach. Though not sure how to figure out how much structure and such would be needed. I guess this would depend on the maximum load it could lift.

Directional limits where you can lift at, but it would also allow for a more dedicated are to use it from. This might include where cargo could be carried. Built in or extendable platforms would be a bonus, as opposed to having to have it on all sides with the turret lift.
I guess a decent example would be loading up into a bus. Having a standard loading/unloading area, makes it easier to deal with things, verses a chaotic what side do you have towards the loading/unloading areas.
For the evacuation scenario, I would think the directional for the very reason of having standard protocols for it. Yet being orderly is not something a panicked crowd is.
This is not saying it is limited to one hoist either. One on either side would increase the speed of loading/unloading.

Though you might want to think about just having the quad lay flat and extend some ramps, and do the loading/unloading, instead of the hoists. Though the hoists might be something for things like rescues that the people can't be at ground level, like a major flood.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 72 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2831

Contact Admins Sarna.net