Is it possible to play by email for battletech

Pages: 1
Dracomaru
01/14/23 09:43 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Anyone want to play battletech by email. And anyone got a perfect scenario for it?
ghostrider
01/14/23 12:31 PM

They played more then a few games on the old bbs sites. Email might be a little more difficult. The map being the biggest issue.
Depending on the rules, it could be interesting. The GM would have some problems with a few things. Mainly they would have to decide who can see/fire upon who from where they are. They may have to have a separate map for each player.
AmaroqStarwind
01/14/23 03:55 PM

You might want to try Roll20 or Tabletop Simulator.
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
Karagin
01/14/23 10:54 PM

Yes, it is possible, you don't need anything fancy. All you need is for each person to set up a map sheet and have their mech sheet. Plot movement using the numbers on the hexes, using the standard rules for combat, and having a third party for dice rolling.

Buddy did similar things for me while deployed and worked well enough. Got about four games done that way. He sent me photocopies of the maps and I would plot my moves, mail them out and wait for things to come back and then react to what happened. If it was combat I would list what I firing, at what range, and then where I would move if I won or lost the initiative.

Lots of fun, made getting mail fun.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 39 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2935

Contact Admins Sarna.net