Protomech Questions (Interstellar Operation/Wars of Reaving)

Pages: 1
HappyDaze
01/22/23 01:11 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
What is the correct Internal Structure value for 14 & 15 ton Quad Protomechs? Wars of Reaving p. 206 lists it as 16 (which matches sum of a non-Quad's Arms + Legs) while Interstellar Operations p. 95 lists it as 14.

A Quad Protomech, much like a Quad 'Mech, cannot torso twist (per Interstellar Operations, I didn't see this line in Wars of Reaving), but can it us the Lateral Shift movement options of Quad 'Mechs?

Can someone help me with understanding the Gilder Protomech's WiGE movement?

If Glider is at standard WiGE altitude of +1 level, then all the WiGE stuff makes sense. Where it gets weird is that the Glider can go as high as +12. However, the rules for WiGE still seem to indicate that the Glider cannot enter a hex with a level 2 or more greater than current hex even if it is flying at +3 or more. Is that right?

A Glider in a 0-elevation clear hex flying at +2 enters a 1-elevation clear hex for 1 MP. Can it then enter a 3-elevation clear hex? Does it need to increase it's elevation first?
FrabbyModerator
01/23/23 05:32 AM

Your first question should be posted to the official BattleTech forum (Ask the Lead Developers section) to get an official rulig or errata clarification.

Regarding your glider question I unfortunately cannot answer it as I've never had one on the playing field. This question too should easily get an answer on the official forum.
ghostrider
01/23/23 01:02 PM

I believe the WiGE has to be higher then the terrain it is entering before it enters, or it crashes, even if it is open flat terrain. If I know right, it does not automatically change height following the terrain. So the 2+ level change would mean just that. Just like VTOLs,
Hope that helps clear up some of this.
HappyDaze
01/23/23 07:26 PM

Quote:
Your first question should be posted to the official BattleTech forum (Ask the Lead Developers section) to get an official rulig or errata clarification.

I can't get on the official forums. I registered and it never sent me the authentication email. I ask it to resend, and it says it has, but they never come through. Yes, I've checked all subfolders (e.g., spam, etc.) and nothing comes. I've checked the email address I registered with, and it is correct. I've tried registering again with a second email, but it says that is not allowed. I tried asking for help from a moderator, but you have to be logged in to do that, so...
FrabbyModerator
01/24/23 07:12 AM

Oh. Are you registered on the Sarna Discord? There are mods there who may be able to help out; I've seen other cases already where people had similar problems.
HappyDaze
01/26/23 10:08 AM

No. I've not had many positive experiences with Discord, so I tend to avoid it whenever possible.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2826

Contact Admins Sarna.net