Question about Aerotech

Pages: 1
akarjendo
02/04/23 11:13 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
So I would love to integrate some space combat into my games, especially planetary invasion campaigns, and I was wondering what the best rule set is. Is aerotech still used or did Strat Ops replace it? Also I would love ideas on using warships in a fun way that doesn’t involve them destroying half a regiments worth of drop ships in one turn.
Karagin
02/04/23 11:58 AM

You can use either one depending on which is more comfortable for you or which one you know better. Start Ops adds in more advanced rules and would gives you the up-to-date rules on warships that came since AeroTech2 was published. I
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
02/04/23 07:50 PM

Quote:
So I would love to integrate some space combat into my games, especially planetary invasion campaigns, and I was wondering what the best rule set is. Is aerotech still used or did Strat Ops replace it?

Total Warfare and Strategic Operations basically use the rule system in Aerotech-2, which is an expansion of BattleSpace. They're all quite similar.

However, they're also all radically different than Aerotech 1st edition, if that's what you were referring to.

You could say that BattleSpace replaced Aerotech 1st editon.

Quote:
Also I would love ideas on using warships in a fun way that doesn’t involve them destroying half a regiments worth of drop ships in one turn.

Once you introduce fighter carrier DropShips and "pocket battleships" (DropShips with capital missiles), canonical WarShips are relatively easy to take down. The crits from capital missiles and swarms of fighters can cripple WarShips pretty quickly.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 47 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3284

Contact Admins Sarna.net