C3 and c3i

Pages: 1
DeadWingman
01/16/23 02:37 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I been reading that when using c3/c3i network that there is a 5%/7% increase in bv per unit that get tied into the network.. what source book would this be in? Im having trouble nailing this down. Ty
ghostrider
01/16/23 04:37 PM

Best guess on why, is the better targeting information, as the closest unit is used for determining the S/M/L aspect of firing.
So something at 3 hexes/90 meters, is short for most weapons, except flamers, regular machine guns, and regular small lasers. So someone firing an LRM at long range, uses the short range to hit modifiers.
So with this, it is much easier to hit, so BV is higher.

But this is only a guess.
CrayModerator
01/17/23 07:25 PM

Quote:
I been reading that when using c3/c3i network that there is a 5%/7% increase in bv per unit that get tied into the network.. what source book would this be in? Im having trouble nailing this down. Ty

Tech Manual covers most common unit construction rules and associated battle value calculations.

In the Battle Value chapter, following individual unit calculations there is a section on calculating BV for a force of multiple units. In that section is a paragraph on C3. With a little variation depending on printing, that's about on p. 313.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
CrotiPedyo
02/07/23 02:00 PM

I have a couple C3 questions. One, for weapons whose damage changes based on range (e.g., VSP, HGR, SNPPC), the damage is still based on the firing unit’s range, not the spotter’s range, correct? Two, if a firing unit uses an IS LRM, is 12 hexes from the target, and the C3-connected spotter is 3 hexes from the target, this is treated as short range (based on the spotter), but not within the minimum range (based on the firing unit), correct?
ghostrider
02/08/23 11:50 AM

The C3 systems only affects targeting of the unit, not the actual range of the unit. So a small laser would not hit anything at the 12 hex example.
So for your example, if the LRM unit was firing at 21 hexes (max range) and the unit was at 3 hexes from the target, it is considered 3 hex target, without the minimum, as the launcher is further then the normal 6 hex minimum for an IS LRM.

I believe the only weapons not affected by this is artillery. I know the master system of the C3 has the same function as a TAG, but I don't think it can affect tube artillery. It is probable it can spot for them, but not affect the to hit number.
Hopefully someone with more knowledge on this will chime in.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 113 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3170

Contact Admins Sarna.net