Design Challenge: Paranormal Operations

Pages: 1
AmaroqStarwind
02/08/23 01:31 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I recently rewatched Ghostbusters, and that gave me the idea to do a ghost-themed BattleTech adventure, but I want to get a headstart on Halloween. So the goal of this design challenge is simple...

I want you, the reader, to design a mech suitable for a paranormal investigator, and/or a ghostbusting mechwarrior. The more, the merrier. Try to think outside the box!
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
ghostrider
02/08/23 05:58 PM

Does hunting wraiths count?

Let's see. PPC for the particle beams they used to help capture the ghosts, along with a temp and minelayer to put the enemy to 'rest'. Hmmm....
CrayModerator
02/09/23 09:46 AM

How about a battle armor? It's a bit more convenient for ghosthunting in hotels and libraries than a 'Mech, and they can carry some snazzy support PPCs.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
ghostrider
02/09/23 11:53 AM

Hey, wait a second.
Is this some sort of plot to get rid of me?

And when you do start taking out ghosts, that means I will lose my transportation.
Damn. I should have seen this plot when I first read the post.

They actually have a ghost type cartoon on the internet with Btech.

A destroyed mech is in the mist with an occasional light flash. It is on a frozen lake, and attracts units on occasion. These units fire on the mech when they find it, only to heat up and melt thru the ice, being crushed by the depths of the water. Thus the tales of a ghost being in the area.

I do like the idea of battle armor. They would be more 'suitable' for going into caves and such, where 'ghosts' would be most likely to be reported.

Hmmm... A hologram set up to draw in foolish mortals looking for treasure....
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 203 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2821

Contact Admins Sarna.net