general information part 2

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)
Karagin
11/29/22 06:08 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The original House Books had this info.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
ghostrider
11/30/22 12:44 AM

I know they had some info on factories they currently possess, but I don't remember them listing all, or whether they had been SL facilities.
Things like space borne refineries and such didn't come out until 2750, so weren't in the original books.
And I don't remember seeing much about all the factories that were destroyed in any of the older books.
Given some of the factories were built after the SL left, as well as production lines being changed, there are a few questions that come up, such as was the FWL the only ones to produce the Awesome? Or where the factories in other states destroyed during the wars?
We already know that some LC mechs are built by the TC. If I recall this includes the 'new' Hatchetman in the 3025 era. And with the SL tech coming back, the variants made by the LC, were copied by the TC.

As asked originally, where Highlanders and Atlas's all made in SL factories? As I do not see any being listed being made outside the original TH worlds. This is partially true for a few other mechs.
The Defiance information says that more then a few lines were destroyed in the fights over the factories, yet nothing stating what was lost due to this, or other facilities.
It was suggested that the SL had manufacturing facilities located around the IS, and hints at facilities in the periphery as well.
Had to check it, but the Dark Nebula was part of the Rim Worlds Republic before the SL went into the Amaris war.
I was hoping for some sort of in depth or somewhat complete list of facilities that have been 'found' since the fall of the SL.
The idea that each house had facilities to build up 50 regiments of units in a few years sounds off, when the SL was trying to limit what they had. As this was also over the course of time, they would not need facilities to build 20 regiments in a year. And this was not straight mech regiments as well. I would expect the SL/TH to require military units, especially mechs to be purchased and registered with their offices.
The SL lasted for a few hundred years, so the math doesn't work right.

Edited by ghostrider (11/30/22 12:50 AM)
ghostrider
12/04/22 01:04 AM

So is there any canon material that has a full list of what factories where owned by who before the fall of the SL?
And what went to who during the fall?
It looks odd that in the objective raids book, it seems the TC had more and better factories then the CC had.

It would also be nice to know where dropships and jumpships were made, so rebuilding shipyards might actually produce the lostech ships.
It would solve some issues on things like where did the SL go to repair ships damaged near or in the periphery, and what factories were repairing or building units lost in that area. The suggestion that there were so many factories before the succession wars took them out, but yet nothing much is said about many of them.

Some mechs are better then others, yet they seem to be built in very few places.
While others seem to be everywhere but only built in one nation. I thought the Urbanmech was only CC built, but the wiki says there is a variant called the Suburbanmech that was started in 3010. The Urbanmech seems to be used in a lot of planetary defense forces, or so goes a lot of novel/games.

Edited by ghostrider (12/04/22 01:09 AM)
ghostrider
12/06/22 08:36 PM

Interesting. In the wiki, it says the FS had built the Awesome at the beginning of the 1st war. The factory was attacked by the CC, which destroyed the mech line of it.
This is the sort of information I have been looking for. This is why I asked if there is a list that tells this sort of information.
I just don't want to have to go thru 5 different entries, chasing down things like this.
It still doesn't say much about the production numbers, but the fact that it happened tells some of the story.

I would still like to see the full data sheets of the SL mechs, which were later 'downgraded' as the tech was lost. I still do not believe that an SL Wasp wasn't fully decked out in tech, but was basically the same as the 3025 Wasp. Same goes for all the mechs that were in 3025 that were not designed after the fall of the SL.
ghostrider
02/22/23 06:12 PM

Moving a conversation to avoid threadjacking another more then we have....

There is a lot of issues with the set up of the game.
A 10 rated fusion engine weighing .5 tons, comes with 10 free heat sinks and produces the same power as a 400 rated engine.
A myomer bundle for a 30 ton mech can move the unit 2/3 on up to 8/12 for the 3025 model mechs. Then they came out with MASC and superchargers. This is using the same bundles...
Targeting is really screwy. There is so much wrong with it, it would require it's own thesis to deal with.
Originally, there were limits to weights of all land based units. Hovers were 50 ton max. Then came the super heavies. The engine weight was screwed up with XL engines, where they just added in weight to get the engine to be the 20 percent. Yet the smaller fusion engine puts out the same power as the larger one...
A fusion plant running a tank in general wasn't really explained, as they don't say how the plasma is changed to motive force. I believe electric motors are used to propel the vehicle, but I can't get an answer to this one. I think they realized that a small ICE engine could power amps to produce the power needed to run the vehicle at the same speed as a fusion engine can. But then the Shielding part of the fusion engine is worthless as the fusion engine does not produce harmful energy besides heat, which is regulated, so it doesn't go above a certain amount. It can not be forced to overheat.
Which also begs to ask why the XL shielding can't be used in an ICE to lighten the weight of them. Even the normal AC barrels are designed to take the explosive heat of firing and continue working.
And let's not forget the endosteel and double sinks not being usable by vehicles.

I do understand that logic does not fit with the game properly. I dislike being told things like endosteel doesn't work in vehicles, even though mechs put so much more pressure on it then a vehicle does. Walking and running being in all mechs, but then jumping puts that much more on it. They wanted to make mechs the best ground unit, but couldn't do it with things like vehicles not building heat with ballistics and missiles.
Karagin
02/26/23 09:42 PM

A fusion engine might be more of a battery-like thing for vehicles. It provides the power source to the engine overall. The vehicle still has an engine, but its power is not gas/diesel or other carbon fuel. Thus the unit has everything in one spot and is self-contained for purpose-building things.

Fusion Bottle is how some sci-fi settings describe their fusion engines and they make it sound like all the engine components are in cases with the fusion reactor to allow it to be one single unit.
Karagin

ghostrider
02/26/23 10:18 PM

I have been looking for an answer to how fusion power is converted into motive power for a while. Fusion has been described as electric like output, or so the use of myomer bundles suggests. The electrical impulses cause the 'muscles' to contract. The MASC increases the strength of this signal to cause it to contract that much faster.
My end logic says that to turn wheels on a vehicle, it would fall to electric motors in this line of thought. Yet I still haven't found the answer.

I doubt anyone involved in developing the game will tell me. If the outcome is what I have thought it is, it changes the entire way movement of vehicles works. It looks like it would remove the basis of engine size for vehicles. Only electrical output would be how fast and large the unit could be. This is what the energy cell system seems to be based on.

To my knowledge, the plasma in the fusion engine, is not pushed against a turbine in order to produce power, especially motive power. I could be wrong, as I am not a scientist or engineer. To my knowledge, it is run by basically a transformer, that creates the electric power.

If this is true, then electric motor(s) are required to change that to movement. It makes a lot of sense for hover craft and VTOLs. It also explains why units can still move if one wheel is destroyed. Units with a single track, might just have one motor in the 'line' of them, would explain the loss of power/speed. Losing the the track off of one side should prevent forward/backward movement of the tank, but allow it to spin in place as the intact one should still work.

I know the game has it's own logic, so real life working physics don't fit well.
TechWriter22
03/14/23 06:13 PM

You're into biomechanics and muscle physiology. Contraction requires electricity- the rest is up to the brain (both the mechwarrior and gyro/computer).

So, in theory, your movement is- at a basic level-

Fusion --> Electrical charge --> controlled impulse to myomer based on control ---> movement

The question is what converts the energy potential created by fusion into electrical impulse? Fission is: heat from nuclear --> dipped in water --> steam --> force pushes turbine to spin around a coil (basically hydroelectric but fusion generated steam pressure instead of water movement). However, I don't know enough about fusion to answer that end of the question.
CrayModerator
03/14/23 08:18 PM

Quote:
You're into biomechanics and muscle physiology. Contraction requires electricity- the rest is up to the brain (both the mechwarrior and gyro/computer).

So, in theory, your movement is- at a basic level-

Fusion --> Electrical charge --> controlled impulse to myomer based on control ---> movement

The question is what converts the energy potential created by fusion into electrical impulse? Fission is: heat from nuclear --> dipped in water --> steam --> force pushes turbine to spin around a coil (basically hydroelectric but fusion generated steam pressure instead of water movement). However, I don't know enough about fusion to answer that end of the question.

This is addressed in Tech Manual, p30-40ish, the "Mech Tech Primer" chapter. It's also mentioned in prior publications as far back as BattleTech 2nd edition. In BattleTech, "magnetohydrodynamics" generate electricity. Basically, the flowing plasma circling in the fusion engine's torus acts much like the magnets on a dynamo's rotor, the magnetic fields in the plasma directly stimulating electricity in surrounding magnetic coils. Better than 90% efficiency is achieved in nice, steady states, though the power surges in combat can produce excess heat.

Magnetohydrodynamic power generation was the dream of fusion in the 1960s to 1980s, and BT was first written in the 1980s so it glommed onto that idea. However, since then real world fusion research has conceded that it's going to take a cue from fission reactors: huge amounts of neutrons from tritium-deuterium fusion will heat a circulating water jacket, providing steam for turbines at about 30-40% thermal efficiency. Wiki's articles on ITER, DEMO, and PROTO will give more details.

Pick up a copy of Tech Manual. It'll answer a lot of questions about 'Mechs and provide the modern construction rules for most common unit formats.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
ghostrider
03/14/23 08:38 PM

Missed the point.

I know how myomers function. What I have not heard is how the vehicles of Battletech move when powered by a fusion engine. For an ICE, it is already rotary force to turn the wheels and such. Most of the developers seem to want to avoid saying outright if you use electric motors to change the electric energy into rotational force to turn the wheels. As this would negate the need for a heavy ICE as you could generate the electric power by generators, which means they, in turn, can be used to rotate the wheels.
The Fuel Cell is supposed to be an alternative to the ICE to move vehicles. The system hints at electric generated power sent to turn the wheels of a vehicle. Sounds like electric motors are used, as nothing else that I know of can change electric power into rotational/motive force.

The concept of the shielding/transmission unit for a fusion driven vehicle is a sore point as well. As fusion reactors do not emit radiation, as implied in the early books of the game.
There is no where that the transmission portion is said to have some sort of electric motor to drive the rotational motive system here.
And with the introduction of XL engines, the shielding/transmission can be made of the same lightweight material as the engine. Yet nothing was invented to make the ICE lighter, even though materials, such as the Internal structure, and even AC barrels can withstand the heat and impact of combat and movement.
This goes against the entire notion that research would have been done to make the ICE lighter as combat vehicles have been around far longer then mechs were. And in the 3rd war era, they were the main combat forces used, though the game focuses on mechs, as most do not want to fight in anything but stompy robots.
Karagin
03/15/23 10:22 AM

So we are back to the issue of why haven't we seen IC engines get lighter in Battletech, I pointed this out many times. ICE tech should not be weighing more than a Fusion-based one, but then again, this is Battletech so...

Fuel Cells...like a lot of stuff toss out with the massive "updating" it was supposed to be the simple fix, and it ended up being the Light Fusion Engine in all but name.

Maybe a break down of the IC Engines by vehicle weight would be better or type. Just an idea.
Karagin

ghostrider
03/15/23 10:36 AM

Given that an ICE's output can be changed by the gear ratios of the transmission and rear end is only hinted at with the engineering vehicle in the game, there is some grey area here over the fusion engine set up.

But the main thing with this run is there is still no real answer on what is used to turn the powertrain of a fusion engine vehicle. Logically it would be electric motors, but nothing official on that.
LordRuthermore
03/24/23 07:55 AM

A fusion-powered vehicle would clearly work together with some kind of electric motor systems - not unlike Diesel-electric or Turbine-electric engines in Tanks, Ships or Trains.
What I find more interesting is what those Diesel- or Turbine-electric engines would count as in Battletech.
ICE engines in BT seem to fit with more conventional old-style real-life engines.
In the way they work, RL diesel-electric engines seem far more similar to Fuel Cell engines in BT.
CrayModerator
03/24/23 06:35 PM

Quote:
A fusion-powered vehicle would clearly work together with some kind of electric motor systems - not unlike Diesel-electric or Turbine-electric engines in Tanks, Ships or Trains.

Absolutely. In BT, fusion engines on ground vehicles make electricity and then figure out a way to use the electricity to go.

In aerospace, BT fusion engines make very hot helium exhaust.

Quote:
What I find more interesting is what those Diesel- or Turbine-electric engines would count as in Battletech.

If they burn fuel directly then they're IC engines. Diesel-electric, diesel-hydraulic, diesel-pneumatic, diesel-mechanical, diesel-hamsters-in-a-cage all are IC engines as far as BT is concerned.

BT's engines - as seen in support vehicle rules, which cover everything from steam to solar - are more concerned with how power is produced than how it's delivered. Having electric motors at the end doesn't make a BT internal combustion engine similar to a BT fuel cell.

The rules show the differences. Fuel cells have options for operation underwater and in space lacking in IC engines and come with an integral heat sink lacking in ICEs.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
03/24/23 11:12 PM

Which makes the Fuel Cells low tech Light Fusion Engines
Karagin

Karagin
03/24/23 11:16 PM

The bottom line is that there should be LIGHTER IC engines for the BT universe, which we don't have. Instead, somehow they got heavier. I am sure the answer we will get is the engines are a sum of all the parts line of reasoning,

It's like the same folks making mechs can't seem to take the technology skills for metals and alloys and apply them to vehicles in the areas of frames and other such elements. It's like this magic inability to cross over; very crazy when you look at it, even for this game.
Karagin

ghostrider
03/25/23 12:46 PM

Pretty much.
Given the electric motors seems the most logical solution to the fusion issue, why do you need these real life battleship turbine engines in a land combat vehicle, when a smaller one that just runs banks of amps, could do so for far less weight?
As stated with the internal structure example, the pressure and heat taken by the structure could well be used to make the IC out of. Aluminum engines are being used today, and even back when the game was being made, shows it can handle the generators/amps, at the least.

As there is NO where they tell you how much power is used to move a mech, nor a vehicle, but they do say how much amp generators are needed for what tonnage weapon, it still doesn't give all the information needed. Instillations give us the size fusion engine needed for weapons in a pillbox, but yet it doesn't give any sort of information on what is needed to power weapons in a mech. So you can take an Urbie and load it up with MLs and not worry about it, while a pillbox does. Yet the pillbox doesn't require power to walk.
Yes, I know it is dumbed down to make it easier to play.

By the way, it doesn't matter how much damage the ICE takes in combat, a single hit destroys the engine. So saying aluminum is weaker then steel doesn't really apply. Hell, this might actually make part of the crit table logical.

I can see when the materials were just started being produced, that the supplies couldn't keep up with mech production, that vehicles were excluded from using them. But there is no reason why someone buying large quantities couldn't put them in. Much like fusion engines during the 2nd and 3rd succession wars. Yet we never were told WHY certain fusion engines were built. They were never used in the mechs given in the TROs. So why weren't those factories switched over to fusion engines that were used? The 275 and 300 rated ones seemed very popular for mechs.
ghostrider
04/03/23 08:55 PM

Had an odd conversation come up about how bad the targeting systems on units work, when someone mentioned about the AMS system. Somehow it detects and proceeds to send out shots that can intercept missiles shot from relatively close range and shoot them down. Yes, it uses a lot of ammo, but somehow connects with some every time.
Not sure how fast the Laser AMS shoots, but this is makes the question of targeting even more absurd.
It isn't that it is unbelievable, as the AMS systems today can do so, it is just the targeting systems can not hit the unit that fired them, even something as large as a mech.

And the concept of a rotary laser system, basically an upsized system of the LAMS hasn't been made. They have a rotary cannon, but nothing with lasers. I know balancing the game is needed, but come on. The laser variant wouldn't cause the shaking the cannon version has.

But this post was meant to question why the targeting set up can not functionally hit the walking barn with any regularity. And if I know right, the AMS can hit the missiles as soon as they come out of the launch tubes. Or so one of the stories had suggested. One rule that is missing from this is no range limit to the AMS.
The TC doesn't give any sort of guarantee like this.
Karagin
04/04/23 12:13 AM

Remember, the game has computers on mechs and vehicles weighing in at the same weight as the weapons in tons. All in the name of game balance. Yet no improvements to the overall mech's basic sensor systems either...
Karagin

CrayModerator
04/04/23 07:59 PM

Quote:
Remember, the game has computers on mechs and vehicles weighing in at the same weight as the weapons in tons. All in the name of game balance. Yet no improvements to the overall mech's basic sensor systems either...

The targeting computer's mass is nominally mostly additional motors and other systems to help lay the gun, but that's still a lot of bloody weight.

And the sensors? I think you can buy cellphones with thermal imaging that has better range than a 'Mech's sensors.

Karagin
04/04/23 08:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:

The targeting computer's mass is nominally mostly additional motors and other systems to help lay the gun, but that's still a lot of bloody weight.

And the sensors? I think you can buy cellphones with thermal imaging that has better range than a 'Mech's sensors.

And again that is a very "company answer" Cray. Very Soviet Era-style approach to get a simple laptop-size fix to something. ENIAC would be proud and not even an 80s Cassette Futurism thing to fall back on, more of a 40s/50s thing.

Is it too much to just say FASA screwed up and dropped the ball? Or is that not allowed?
Karagin

ghostrider
04/05/23 12:10 PM

Given the clans advanced mech designs, why wouldn't they have the extra motors and such already installed in the units? They build the omnis from the ground up. The pods for the omni system should have those in there as well, given they allow for multiple weapons to be fitted into them, to change the weapons used in said unit.
It isn't like the 80's didn't have better targeting in military units then the game shows.

But I do like the admitting that todays cell phones have better tech then the 3025-3100 era 'super' weapons.

FASA and the companies that came after, did drop the ball on more then a few things. Some, I can accept, though disagree with the route, that they had to avoid getting closer to say robotech for things.

From a lot of the earlier novels and other stories, it makes is sound like mechs were unwieldy, units that were more likely to trip over their own feet, then hit something the size of another mech with a weapon. Yet some of them have pilots doing acrobats and hitting a fly with a throwing star at a full kilometer.

Though I am interested in if they will come out with a rotary laser set up, like the super ranges AMS, with larger lasers, such as an ML. Figure less heat, due to the barrels causing a fan type of effect.

Vehicles are another version of this story here. We know from real history, tanks have been able to hit each other a mile away while both are moving at a good pace.
ghostrider
04/20/23 12:24 AM

So how many people were killed by Comstar during the succession wars, as almost all good techs worth their weight, could basically build fusion engines and such from scratch?
Or did this concept slip the developers minds?

Making molds to repair parts that couldn't be found on the markets, would have been something they all would have to do from time to time. As fusion engines have at least 2 parts that come together in order to work on, as well as just build, the engine itself, it shouldn't be ruled out.
I know ICE come with the block in one cast, but it isn't sealed. The pistons and everything else can be installed and removed without having to open up the block itself.
Fusion engines would have to be enclosed, to prevent issues with the magnetic bottle used to keep the plasma in place.

Weapons would be the same way. Granted, getting the crystals for the laser barrels and making them fit correctly would be more difficult, all the electronics needed would be known. Otherwise, field repairs couldn't be possible. They would all have to be sent into the factory for all repairs otherwise.

I will also grant that getting the equipment needed for some repairs would be extremely hard to get, and easy to follow to the end buyer, but it isn't impossible. There is more then a few stories of full factories being built on worlds without even Comstar knowing about it.
And we won't even got into the hidden sites in unknown/uninhabited systems, as that is mainly large companies/houses.

I am not trying to say tech wouldn't be lost, as it would be restricted to few people, and I would think any that showed they knew how would be targets for all, but with all the stories of techs making factories, there has to be someone that knows how to without the houses/Comstar knowing about it during the succession wars. Even finding factories that still work would have boasted tech, like found caches should have allowed SL tech to be made before the Helm Core.
ghostrider
04/21/23 12:14 PM

For those wanting a little more realism in the game, I would suggest that any unit that has been jury rigged, gain a penalty for future repairs to that area, until a full refit, meaning replacing the area with new parts, as most jury rigged repairs would replace standard parts with off sized ones.
An example would be, an arm being blown off, might well have bolts that secure it to the torso, being destroyed or the bolt holes being ripped apart so badly, larger sized bolts are used or a bracket had to be fabricated, but missing some points that would allow easier changing of a weapon system or something like it.

This is especially true if a different mech's parts are used, IE grafting a Griffin arm onto an Shadow Hawk.
As for an omni unit, this is up for debate. This should also include clan made mechs until they leave clan possession during the invasion time. Once the IS clans are kicked out, then jury rigging would probably start, as parts specifically made for that unit would dry up.

This is only a suggestion. Probably better to just ignore it, as it makes life a little more difficult for those that want the extra reality call. Just came to mind, and wanted to put it out there.
ghostrider
05/09/23 12:40 AM

Can something like a claw be mounted to a mechs head?
The response given in one thread has me thinking of doing just that. Allowing a mech to bite another mech. Maybe make it a punch location sort of thing, unless it is a quad biting or being bit.

It just sounds funny, and might cause a few panic attacks by an enemy pilot.
Karagin
05/09/23 01:09 AM

Claws are arm only as far as I am aware, but that could have changed with the insanity of the rules depending one which books you are looking in since we have to wade through 5 different books to get what used to all be in a single book to play this game.
Karagin

ghostrider
05/20/23 11:27 AM

The statement of targeting computers are more motors and stuff had me thinking.
Since the AES system does that with arms, does that means the weapons targeting issues can be solved by more/better 'focusing' equipment?
Which sounds a bit odd, as the torso weapons have such a wide arc, compared to something implied, such as they do not swivel or have some sort of gimble system.

The solution would seem to be adding in some more fine tuning hardware, which causes the question on why they are not already installed, or even hinted at?
Would the number of joints in the arms change how much fine tuning the system could have?
Say a Stalker or Urbanmech have a worse time focusing arm weapons on an enemy, while something like a Marauder would have an easier time? The segmented 'ball joints' the arms of the Marauder should allow a better focus of the 'hand' weapons on it.

Newer models and mechs should already have researched issues of targeting, and have some set up that is more accurate then the 'cobbled together' old units from the dark time of the succession wars.

The idea that 4 MLs scattered across a mechs body can be made as accurate as a single large laser with the same weight for the refining servo motors sounds off. And this gets even worse when you get into ballistics. As the TC doesn't require it even be housed in the same location as the weapons it is helping.
I understand the keep is simple motto.
But let's face it. You should be hard pressed to miss a 12 meter tall unit that is 30 meters away from you with a weapon. Yes minimums do change this some.
Karagin
05/20/23 12:34 PM

AES reminds me more of gyrostabilizers than anything else. Agan things would have already been built into the mechs structure to start with, but hey, even the 80s tech things were based on that since the M1 tank had it for the main gun, along with the Leopard, Challenger, and others.

Then again, 80% of the "new" tech that came about with the Jihad/Dark Age crap seemed to be as if many of the staff, new writers, and some of the old at FASA/FANPRO/WIZKIDS all discovered military tech manuals or found books about how military tech worked, liked it and threw it against the game and what stuck they went forward with. The equipment from the old Tactical Handbook (THB) that was brought forward was not done so in a manner that made much since the Clans would not have an equivalent of much of it. I believe a lot of this came down to a rush to get things out, laziness, and other issues behind the scenes.

Couple that with what is clearly a push to downgrade the Clans to be more on par with the Inner Sphere tech-wise, yet at the same time, the push to upgrade the Inner Sphere tech-wise, made things look both asinine and less believable story-wise.
Karagin

ghostrider
05/21/23 12:30 PM

They introduced sponsons into the game, but those don't help aim.

It starts looking like weapons arcs only exist by moving the body part to face that direction. That the concept of gimbles don't exist in the game world. And yet, that simple thing would dramatically increase the ability to target the enemy.
Not sure if the developers wanted aiming nerfed so badly, that physical attacks seem to be a better choice then ranged weapons.
This is supposed to be future warfare. The ability to hit something is almost more important then the damage caused, yet it seems worse then even the abilities in the 80's.
It is even more suspicious that the clans never increased the machines ability to aim.
Along with this, the targeting systems on a mech are supposed to lock onto a target, but yet the gunners skills determine if they hit or not. So does the weapons of war, such as tanks and mechs, use iron sights?
Or do they actually use computers to lock onto targets?
There is no penalties for using iron sights to hit a target in an ECM field, which the computers don't recognize.
So if someone can explain this, I would like to hear it.

As a side note, the streak systems fluff says they can lock onto objects like rocks and trees. And all missiles hit that target, but they don't help with targeting. So technically, they always lock onto something. The 'tone' of a lock doesn't tell you what it is.
greyknight683
05/21/23 02:58 PM

i have a question im not sure where this would go as im new to the forum but not to battletech i am a third generation mechwarrior my grandfather and his brother my dad and now me... so my question has to do with ancestral mechs my dad is the only one who is into battletech in his generation of my family and im the only one in my generation... so if my grandfather and his brother die would both of their mechs go to my dad and then my dad dies would all three battle mechs be passed to me
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)
Extra information
2 registered and 84 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 170946

Contact Admins Sarna.net