Looking for the name of an illustrator for an original FASA illustration

Pages: 1
DoktorG
11/30/23 10:44 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I am working on a diorama of an Unseen archer being worked on from one of the original FASA books (i think Mechwarrior - although it couldve been the original rulebook). Regardless, hidden in this illustration on the archer's right inner thigh is what i believe to be the artist's initials and an '86. I would like to incorporate this into my diorama, as an homage and easter egg. I got rid of my books years ago when i was young and stupid and now all i have is a digital screen shot. My resolution is too low to make out if the initials are "J.L." or "D.B."

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

If you google images "unseen archer illustration" i think my diorama work in progress may be the first hit if youre interested.

Thanks.
DrG

Edited by DoktorG (11/30/23 10:46 PM)
Karagin
11/30/23 11:02 PM

Jim Long
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Karagin
11/30/23 11:02 PM

Or Jim Gallows
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Ovidii
12/15/23 06:45 AM

That easter egg with the artist's initials is such a cool idea, and your dedication to tracking it down is truly admirable. Maybe spreading the word through BattleTech communities could attract someone who holds the key. Sharing your diorama WIP might jog someone's memory.
RichardVega
01/04/24 07:30 AM

Unfortunately, without a higher-resolution image, it's challenging to accurately identify the initials on the Unseen Archer illustration. You might consider reaching out to the BattleTech community or forums where enthusiasts may have access to higher-quality scans or prints of the original artwork. They may be able to assist you in deciphering the artist's initials and the '86.
ghostrider
01/05/24 03:33 AM

This might bring up issues, but if the picture isn't an original drawing from the artist, you might be able to find out the initials by checking out pictures of the robotech gladiator mecha.
A lawsuit caused the first mechs in the original box game to be changed to the unseen mechs, incase you didn't know.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 136 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 1723

Contact Admins Sarna.net