4 Martell Medium Pulse Lasers
2 Hovertec Streak SRM-4 Pods
1 Burrow AMS
Communications System: Garret T12-A, Garret/Guardian Interface Model 2B
Targeting and Tracking System: Garret O2j with Targeting Computer
Primary Manufacturer: Davion High Command Field Upgrade Packages
Primary Factory: New Avalon

OVERVIEW

Although the War Dog was initially greeted with rave reviews, it quickly became apparent that the Davion High Command had equipped its units with a clunker. With 5 tons of Gauss Ammunition and only One-Shot SRM Packs, the War Dog was a walking contradiction. Equally bizarre was the fact that it mounted an ineffectual weapon facing backwards, occupying tonnage that would be far better spent upon armour. Seven years after it first hit the field, the Davion High Command has ordered a refit on all of its War Dogs, making them much more effective units.

CAPABILITIES

The Light Gauss Cannon employed by the War Dog Mark II has the greatest range available to any direct-fire weapon employed by the Inner Sphere. Combined with the targeting Computer of the War Dog, this makes the 'Mech one of the most accurate sniper 'Mechs in existence. The Grizzard is backed up by four powerful Martell Medium Pulse Lasers; their destructive capabilities also enhanced by the massive targteing computer housed in the War Dog’s left torso. Gone are the OS Streak SRMs, replaced by four Hovertec Streak SRM-2 pods, moved from the upper legs of the 'Mech into its right torso. The Actuator packages of the 'Mech’s arms were removed, allowing them to be ‘flipped’ to target an enemy in the 'Mech’s rear. Designers also managed to squeeze an extra ton of AMS ammo into the War Dog’s torso. Finally, to counter the additional heat produced by this variant, the War Dog Mark II carries a pair of heat sinks mated to its engine, allowing for 92% of the War Dog’s heat to be instantaneoulsy dissipated.

DEPLOYMENT

The elite Davion Heavy Guards were the first unit to receive the field upgrade kit, and currently field four upgraded War Dogs. Units that favour the returned Prince are also high on the list to be supplied with the upgrade pack.

MY BLURB

Ack. The original War Dog was a mess. Two OS Streak Launchers? Please. You could have given it two standard Streaks and a ton of ammo. 5 Tons of Gauss Ammo? What the?? Why not give it a Small laser and full armour? And Large Pulse Lasers? Urg.

Well, I know this is not much better. Ideally, I would have used the Davion weapon of choice (RA/C-5, don’cha know) but I do not have the rules for them. So it got a Light Gauss Cannon instead. The Large Pulse went to give me the mass for the TC, but I still managed to squeeze another two Medium Pulse Lasers on to bring the damage back up. Finally, I put in a pair of Streak SRM-4s. I did look at using some more Pulse Lasers, but could not balance the heat well enough. It only overheats by 2 Points, but I stuck TSM on simply because there were 6 empty crits at the end.

As cruddy as this P.O.S. is, it is still a quantum leap ahead of the original. Enjoy.

MASS BREAKDOWNS

Engine: 9.5
Gyro: 3
Cockpit: 3
Endo Steel: 4
Armour: 14.5
2 Double Heat Sinks: 2
Light Gauss Cannon with 2 tons ammo: 14
4 Medium pulse Lasers: 8
2 Streak SRM-4 with 2 tons of Ammo: 8
AMS with 2 tons ammo: 2.5
ECM Suite: 1.5
Targeting Computer: 5

ARMOUR DISTRIBUTION

Head: 9
Centre Torso: 34/12
Side Torso: 22/10
Arms: 24
Legs: 32

LOCATIONS

1 Light gauss Cannon, 2 Tons Light Gauss Ammo (No Lower Arm/Hand Actuators)- Right Arm
4 Medium Pulse Lasers (No Lower Arm/Hand Actuators)- Left Arm
2 Streak SRM-4, 2 Tons AMS Ammo, 2 Tons SRM Ammo- Right Torso
1 AMS- Head
1 Guardian ECM Suite- Centre Torso
1 5-Slot Targeting Computer- Left Torso

(Place Endo Steel and TSM in spare slots)

BV: 1,564 (As opposed to the original’s 1,509 [Not a big jump, but still] and only 2,118,375 C-Bills more expensive for a huge boost in performance).

Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
realworldviews
11/27/01 11:22 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
And don't forget about the 24/15 RA/LA armor.
What was up with that?
They could have easily dropped a ton of Gauss ammo and added a ton of armor, and made it even.
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
"Dreams become reality, for all who start off with a dream"
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 143 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2944

Contact Admins Sarna.net