Crit Monster

Pages: 1
CrayModerator
11/29/01 10:01 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I've been thinking about doing this several ways: as tanks, as mechs (4/6 heavy or 3/5 assault), with LB-20Xs or LB-10Xs, with and without Streaks...

I decided that I could post one idea for an "anti-armor" mech (a mech designed to mop up large numbers of conventional vehicles) and readers could figure out obvious vehicle and assault mech variants based on the same weapon classes.

Working name: CRIT MONSTER
75 tons
4 tons endosteel internal structure
9.5 tons 300 XL
Walking: 4
Running: 6
Jumping: 0
0 tons 10 DHS
3 tons gyroscope
3 tons cockpit
14.5 tons armor
Head: 3 9
CT: 23 35/8
RT/LT: 16 25/7
RA/LA: 12 24
RL/LL: 16 30
22 tons 2x LB-10X (RA/LA)
4 tons LB-10X ammo (2 RT/LT)
12 tons 4x Streak SRM 4 (2 RT/LT)
2 tons Streak ammo (RT/LT)
1 ton 2x CASE (RT/LT)
Endosteel crits: 2 RA/LA/RL/LL, 3 RT/LT
Both hand actuators present
2 CT, H crits available

I originally had CASE II's and ferrofibrous armor, and ER ML, but I ran out of crits. Now the CASE leaves an easily salvaged mech with only engine shielding damage if the ammo cooks off. Better than nothing.

The only thing the above mech lacks is inferno ammo to bake off tanks double quick, but individually applying swarms of SRMs and pellets should be satisfactorily aggravating. It should be a solid high tech army's solution to swarms of low tech vehicles.

Variants on this idea were twin LB20Xs+Streaks, twin LB20Xs and twin LB10Xs, quad LB10Xs (better known as the Annihilator), tank and mech versions, etc.

Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
CrayModerator
11/29/01 01:38 PM

I dislike XLs, too, but I couldn't make a 4/6 heavy with this loadout without them. Endosteel I like except on heat-intensive designs.

I did sketch out a 100-ton mech that avoided both XL and endosteel while mounting twin LB20Xs and twin LB10Xs. It was an Annihilator retread, I figured. It also only had a 200-rated engine and 17.5 tons of armor, but it looked good at first glance.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Bob_Richter
11/29/01 03:40 PM

...is a Mad Dog A refitted with Streak technology.

6x streak SRM-6. 30 rounds ammunition. 2 ER Large Lasers for long range work. Netted my last Ghost Bear two kills in ToP.

That aside, I'm a big fan of the SRM Carrier.

LB-10s are nice and all, since they're long-range critfinders, but they're far removed from being THE BEST.
(LB-20s don't even come close. Only their variable ammo types make them in any way worthwhile)

In general, for fighting tanks, infantry is the solution. Particularly powered armor, if available. Personally, I like Max Tech and "swarm for control." heh.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Nightward
11/29/01 05:58 PM

Working Name: Rokea.
Mass: 100
300 Standard, ES IS, Armour as Dire Wolf. Carries 8 S-SRM-6s, 2 S-SRM-4s, 1 ton ammo for each. 2 medium pulse Lasers and 9 Double Heat Sinks. Ker-Splat.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 116 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2654

Contact Admins Sarna.net