Armament:
2 Blakenburg Technologies ER Large Lasers
3 Blakenburg Technologies ER Medium Lasers
Communications System: 650 RND with Integrated C3i
Targeting and Tracking System: Dalban Series K with Integrated C3i
Primary Manufacturer: Com Guards Field Upgrades Kits
Primary Factory: Luthien

OVERVIEW

After the spectacular failures of the CRB-30 Crab during its traing and testing cycles, we have been forced to consider other avenues for upgrading the venerable and common Crabs serving in the Com Guards. This relatively simple upgrade is currently being tested, and initial reports are much more promising than those of the CRB-30.

CAPABILITIES

Swapping the old RAM Tech Large Lasers of the Star League model for more advanced and available ER Large Lasers, the new Crab almost doubles its striking range. Also upgraded are the smaller Ceres Arms Medium laser and ExoStar Small laser found on the older Crabs; they have been replaced with a trio of ER Medium Lasers.

The Crab’s dilapidated single heat sinks were replaced with a new set of ‘frezzers’, and four extra heat sinks were added to the chassis. Although this provides the Crab with 60% greater heat dissipation, the Crab cannot use its ER Large Lasers in tandem with the ER Mediums. However, using all of its armament save a single ER Large Laser allows the Crab to inflict serious damage whilst still running cool.

DEPLOYMENT

Still undergoing testing on Luthien, the CRB-C3i Crab is expected to begin deployment late next year.

MY BLURB

Ugh. How can those howling barbarians at FASA call the CRB-30 a Crab with a straight face? XL Engine, ER PPCs…they made a mockery of one of the best 50-tonners in existence.

This is not much better, but it remains closer to the Crab’s roots, and also does not employ one of those $#@&ing Inner Sphere XL Engines.

MASS BREAKDOWNS

Engine: 12.5
Gyro: 3
Cockpit: 3
Endo Steel: 2.5
Ferro-Fibrous: 9.5
4 Double Heat Sinks: 4
2 ER Large Lasers: 10
3 ER Medium lasers: 3

ARMOUR DISTRIBUTION

Head: 9
Centre Torso: 24/8
Side Torsos: 18/6
Arms: 16
Legs: 24

LOCATIONS

ER Large Laser, ER Medium laser (No Lower Arm/Hand Actuators)- Each Arm
ER Medium Laser- Head
C3i Computer- Centre Torso
2 Double Heat Sinks- Each Torso

COST ANALYSIS

BV: 1,146 (+ 179 for C3)
Cost: 5,966,000 C-Bills

At almost the same BV price of that RS: Upgrades hunk of junk, plus 4 million C-Bills cheaper, I know which one I would rather have.

Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 182 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2005

Contact Admins Sarna.net