1 Type XX ‘Great Bow’ LRM Launcher
2 Hammerfiest Streak SRM-6 Launchers
4 Bladestorm Medium Pulse Lasers
Communications System: Night Howler KLV-2
Targeting and Tracking System: Night Hunter with Integrated Artemis IV FCS
Primary Manufacturer: Clan Wolf
Primary Factory: Abyss

OVERVIEW

My Khan, our recent acquisition of Abyss has proven even more lucrative than first we thought. As well as a factory complex, we have discovered enough raw material in cave networks nearby to begin construction here. Per your orders, we are concentrating upon building new second-line machines such as the Vapour Eagle.

However, we have also found our technicians engaging in unauthorised use of our computers. They tell me that they were anticipating my orders. I am not sure I enjoy being so predictable.

I digress. One of the more interesting articles the Technicians have been working on is a modification of the venerable Highlander. They have discovered a way to remove the Gauss Cannon it currently employs, replacing it with an ER PPC and additional Heat Sinks and weaponry. I have ordered a trial of the design, and so far, things are progressing well.

CAPABILITIES

The use of the ER PPC has freed up considerable mass, used to add six extra Double Heat Sinks and an additional Medium Pulse Laser. They also managed to add another ton of Streak SRM ammunition to the 'Mech.

These changes, though seemingly only minor, have resulted in a significant improvement in the Highlander’s capabilities. In order to mount the ER PPC, we had to remove the arm actuator packages, resulting in a ‘flippable’ arm. The Streak SRMs were moved back into their original torso housing, and one Medium Pulse Laser was added to the head. Two Medium Pulse Lasers have been moved to the now-vacant Left Arm, and the final Medium Pulse Laser resides in a Centre Torso housing.

This arrangement increased overall firepower by 10%, but had the unwanted effect of increasing waste heat by 33%. Still, even without using the ER PPC, the 'Mech can dish out a significant barrage at close range, and thanks to the usage of an ER PPC instead of ammunition-consuming Gauss Cannon, can remain in the field for longer than its predecessor.

DEPLOYMENT

I would suggest that we do not immediately deploy this variant. It remains in testing here on Abyss

MY BLURB

This was my reworking of the Highlander from Star League times. I built it a few months after I took up playing BattleTech, and thus it was ‘in the field’ before FASA released their Highlander IIC.

It is my S.O.P to replace Inner Sphere Gauss Cannon with Clan ER PPC when I upgrade 'Mechs, as they are more than a match for their ballistic counterparts.

It is .5 tons underweight. I could find nothing to do with that tonnage, but if you want to add an Active Probe or something, feel free.

Aside from that, the 'Mech is pretty much standard fare.

MASS BREAKDOWNS

Engine: 14.5
Gyro: 3
Cockpit: 3
Endo Steel: 4.5
Armour: 17.5
3 Jump Jets: 6
9 Additional Double Heat Sinks: 9
ER PPC: 6
4 Medium Pulse Lasers: 8
2 Streak SRM-6s with 2 tons ammo: 8
LRM-20 with Artemis IV FCS and 4 Tons LRM Ammo: 10

ARMOUR DISTRIBUTION

Head: 9
Centre Torso: 43/15
Side Torsos: 28/10
Arms: 30
Legs: 38

LOCATIONS

2 Double Heat Sinks, ER PPC (No Lower Arm/Hand Actuators)- Right Arm
2 Double Heat Sinks, 2 Medium Pulse Lasers- Left Arm
1 Jump Jet, 2 Double Heat Sinks, 2 Streak SRM-6s, 2 Tons SRM Ammo, Clan CASE- Right Torso
1 Jump Jet, 1 Double Heat Sink, LRM-20, Artemis IV FCS, 4 Tons LRM Ammo, Clan CASE- Left Torso
1 Jump Jet, 1 Medium Pulse Laser- Centre Torso
1 Medium Pulse Laser- Head
1 Double Heat Sink- Each Leg

COST ANALYSIS

At a monstrous 2,900 BV but an unbelievably cheap 10,251,830 C-Bills, this variant is only slightly more expensive than the standard model. Not too bad, all things considered.

Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 196 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2229

Contact Admins Sarna.net