Budgeting Mini's

Pages: 1
TRYCORP
02/20/02 05:40 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Well, I have very low budget for battletech.. and I want to paint my mini's my biggest proble is i don't have any to "test" on so i have to get it right the first time.. so, how exactelly do i paint the minis, or if I mess up how to i undo what i did.. (I have Tester's Oil Model Paints)
"Machine Guns! Thats a Summoner out there! Do you plan to punch little holes in it, and have it fall down from too much ventilation!?!"

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
LordChaos
02/21/02 03:26 AM

I have found Pine Sol to work wonderfly for removing paint. I have, however, found that if you leave the mini in it too long (such as over a weekend... don't ask), it discolors the metal.
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
TRYCORP
02/21/02 07:44 PM

Now these work on Oil's right? because i think most people use acrylic
"Machine Guns! Thats a Summoner out there! Do you plan to punch little holes in it, and have it fall down from too much ventilation!?!"

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
LordChaos
02/21/02 09:19 PM

To the best of my knowlege, Pine Sol does. I haven't had any problems using it to stip any mini I wanted to (metal or plastic). As I said, worst was that it would discolor the metal if left in it for days on end (normaly a couple hours and a toothbrush was all that was needed).
TRYCORP
02/23/02 05:32 PM

See Title...

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
LordChaos
02/24/02 07:14 PM

Just be sure to do a test run on any non-metal objects. As I said, I haven't had a problem with them being damaged, but I will admit to having not used every single possible mini out there
TRYCORP
02/25/02 08:38 PM

Thanks I'll try that too. =)

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
Cheapbuzz
05/02/02 09:05 AM

Here is what you do. Get a one piece metal mech (when I first started painting I used an atlas) paint it up, practice your blackwashing and dry brushing. If you dont like the result get a toothbrush and some acetone, the paint job will be gone within minutes. It won't discolor your mini either and it's an easy way to get good fast.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3877

Contact Admins Sarna.net