Level 2 or Level 3

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
KamikazeJohnson
02/25/02 12:37 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
makes a good handicap factor...better player uses stock, less skilled player uses custom.

hehe...can be an effective way to prove that skill does matter :-)
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
BigCol
02/26/02 01:29 AM

"you and Steve, and sometimes Col if he has Level 2 gear [my GOD! He lost every single Level 1 game and caned us all in Level 2...])"

I drew one of those games thank you very much. Lost the next five, but I drew the first one.

It was than damn Daviscum mechs I was using I tells ya.

Cheers

Col
I don't want the world...
I just want your half...

Ana Ng - They Might be Giants
BigCol
02/26/02 01:37 AM

"You should have seen the Level 1 day. Even I beat him (he killed my Locust and Wasp, but I beat him on the final turn by killing his Blackjack- with my Grand Dragon's final shot!)

The Level 2 day, though...that Men Shen/Jinggau combo was NOT nice. . "

Stupid Blackjack. Damn thing died in every game.

I was running hot on the second day. It was a good combo. Even got around the cheesiearsed clan players using elementals as ablative Armour.

I have the trophy sitting just above me as I type.

Can you remember my speech?

Cheers

Col
I just want your half...

Nightward
02/26/02 04:04 PM

Excuses, excuses

Mind you, you more than got your own back the next day.

Coming this year?
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Nightward
02/26/02 04:06 PM

Sorry, I can't remember your speech. I must have been wallowing in self-pity over coming 6th *AGAIN*. Damn one-day tournaments. Aggregate! Aggregate! I won 8 matches over the weekend, which put me way up on aggregate points...
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Greyslayer
02/26/02 04:19 PM

I don't think I played you that year. I had to fight the armies of Javelin 10Fs all Saturday except your friend and Steve. It got mighty boring destroying only left arms of Javelins all weekend.

Greyslayer
Nightward
02/26/02 04:27 PM

Heh. I didn't use Javelins, though I may this year.

That new RS: U with the TC and all those Lasers is a very nasty little machine.

But I really want to take that new Centurion for a spin. I killed a Timber Wolf by constantly aiming *6 bursts at its centre torso...

Like I said earlier, playing by tonnage forces you into a certain mindset when picking 'Mechs. Granted, you have pointed out BV is not much better, but the number of Fire Javelins and medium-laser Hunchbacks in the 3025 tournament goes a long way towards proving my point...

Oh, BTW, are we bringing back the Best and Fairest award this year? It has been sadly absent of late, and with Doug in WA and Steve reffing, it will be interesting to see who wins..

(I know it won't be me. I argue to much.)
Greyslayer
02/26/02 04:42 PM

He has been in Brisbane since just after the last Convention, sure he goes away (or is supposed to) every 5 weeks for 5 weeks but his home base is Brisbane now.

As with the Centurion and Javelin. Why not take them both? Thats only 80 tons certainly providing a bit if you want a TC version of the Jackal and something else (maybe a Arctic Fox or something, dependant on tonnage).

Actually BV is WORSE than tonnage. In 3025 though the problem is not so pronounced.

I have no clue what 'faction' I will run this year still. I've run with 3025 Marik, 3050 Kuritan (my Black Dragon unit), Smoked Jags last year (the Proto Army from hell ) and clam green budgie a few years back as well as the Lyran Alliance. Maybe a REAL Army like the Taurian 3025 or something like clam digested shark for a change .

Greyslayer
Nightward
02/26/02 04:45 PM

Ah. I though he moved there permantly. Oh, well, Doug wins Best and Fairest this year, too.

The reason the Javelin/Centurion combo might not work is that they are 3063 tech base. Assuming you get 170 tons for 3025-tech, I think you'd only have 90 for that tech base. In which case I would rather use lower tech and have more 'Mechs. 'Sides, I'm still a sucker for the DCMS. The Akuma may make a comeback this year .
BigCol
02/26/02 04:51 PM

Not sure if I will play this year. I have not even seen a flyer for it yet.

If I did, I will have to rework my CapCon force. What are the rules this year? How much 3060 stuff can you take? How much 3025?

I did not play last year. Wanted to let someone else have all the fun. That and I was still scared about the 3025 thingo. Damn Blackjack.

Cheers

Col
I just want your half...

Greyslayer
02/26/02 04:55 PM

No the 3025 are penalised in the level 2 part of the game going on past years. 3063 is something like 100-130 tons in comparison. Its one of the reasons why I selected 3050 as they were 160 tons compared to a 3025 army of 180 in Sydney.

Also on Doug he is engaged, possibly to be married in June though he is being very anti-social at the moment so I have no idea as to what is happening.

Greyslayer

PS The Akuma sucks I don't care how much you like it ;P, the Albatross of the Kuritan assaults really .
Greyslayer
02/26/02 05:00 PM

I'll need to talk to Mal and find out if they have completed the site they were making. Apparrently Steve 'mailed' past participants though I know noone who received anything. Both Mal and Steve know where I live so it not as though it would have gone to the wrong address.

Greyslayer
Nightward
02/26/02 06:09 PM

Damn. Matrimony is catching, eh? First Ned and now Doug. Ah, well-more luck to them.

I like the Akkie because it looks mean and is a DCMS design. What more do you need in a 'Mech.

OK, so some accuracy would be nice. But aside from that...

I usually go 3055/58 tyo get the Wraith though I may go to 3067 this year depending on what FanPro decide to give us.
BigCol
02/26/02 06:40 PM

I don't mind the Akuma. No XL which is always a good thing. Just tries to be to many things at once.

Are many people coming up from Sydney for the game?

Cheers

Col
I just want your half...

Nightward
02/26/02 06:52 PM

Dunno. Ask Scott.

The only real fault in the Akuma is the fact that it has no CASE. If it had CASE....

BigCol
02/26/02 09:17 PM

The only real fault with the Akuma is it is not Capellan.

Heehee

Cheers

Col
I just want your half...

Greyslayer
02/26/02 09:23 PM

Well it does LOOK better than a Cappellan Mech .

It can do more than one task without reconfiguration unlike a Cappellan mech.

Plus there is a chance the pilots are slightly more sane of a Akuma than a Cappellan pilot . Just how many Men Shen did you lose to Dougie again?

Greyslayer
BigCol
02/27/02 06:04 AM

I think the number was:

Three that he killed outright
One with MASC lockup
One that fell over and killed himself.
And two that were forced off the board due to moral.

You forgot to mention the Jinggau that was killed by my own swarm missiles without even being hit by him.

Also there was the Salamander that was Blitzkrieged to death.

Damned silly game that was. He should of wiped me out in 4 turns.

Cheers

Col
I just want your half...

BigCol
02/27/02 06:05 AM

There is nothing insane about us Cappie players.

Nope. (twitch)

Cheers

Col
I just want your half...

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 71 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 16243

Contact Admins Sarna.net