A question for long-time members

Pages: 1
KamikazeJohnson
04/19/02 07:40 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Have there always been this many design competitions on this board, or is it just a current rage? When I joined, Karagin was running a couple Star League contracts, but those were the only ones I saw on the boards. Now, there's a new contest (or 2, or 3) every week!
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Grizzly
04/20/02 08:39 AM

I wouldn't say that contests were necessarily the rage before, but there has always been a healthy amount of new designs that people have shared.
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
Nightward
04/20/02 08:23 PM

I think it's an attempt to keep the board alive. Keeps people interested.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Black_Phoenix
04/20/02 08:35 PM

The "arms-race" of Sarna. That is about what it is right now, just not as violent.
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Karagin
04/22/02 09:44 AM

I think folks like to set them up since if focuses the designs and keeps the munchkin buliders at bay...

Plus it is fun to have limits placed and work with in them to build a decent machine or one that someone will actually use.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 163 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3400

Contact Admins Sarna.net