MC 2 no cd patches?

Pages: 1
Cheapbuzz
04/28/02 07:25 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Any one out there knows of a no cd patch that actually works? I tried www.gamecopyworld.com but their patches only work untill the mission starts to load then I get some error stating something about some background file missing.
NathanKell
04/28/02 09:40 PM

Well, GCW now says to go to MegaGames or Gamefix...and that MC2 uses Safedisc.
So, in order to run MC2 without the CD you need to do two things: first, install the game with a "complete" install so it doesn't need files off the CD--which is the problem you're having--and second, unwrap the executable and the ICD so you sidestep safedisc. Or you can download an executable that someone's already done that to (which it seems you did).

If after doing a complete install it still has files it needs on the CD you'll have to manually copy them over, preserving the directory tree (i.e. if there's a directory in the root of the CD called "GameData" then you copy that over to the root of your MC2 directory).
Then it should work.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Cheapbuzz
04/29/02 05:17 AM

Thanks for the info but it still does the same thing.
NathanKell
04/29/02 11:33 AM

You've uninstalled and reinstalled with the option "complete installation"?
You've copied over all the movies?
(in other words the folder where MC2 resides on your hard disk is as large as the CD?)

And it *still* doesn't work?
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Cheapbuzz
04/30/02 08:04 PM

Thats what I'm saying. It tells me that I need a textures file then when my computer searches the CD it says no file can be found.
NathanKell
04/30/02 08:07 PM

Yes, I know that's what the problem is.

What *I'm* saying is, have you uninstalled MC2, then reinstalled it with a complete install, and *then* looked in the folder to make sure it has all required files from the CD {including that missing texture file}, and only *then* run it?
Thomas Jefferson
Cheapbuzz
04/30/02 08:13 PM

I have unistallled it and reinstalled it (full install) more times than I care to admit. And no the mysterious has never been seen by my eyes.
NathanKell
05/01/02 12:35 AM

Crap. Sorry.

OK, if I get a chance I'll try to replicate the problem.
Thomas Jefferson
Cheapbuzz
05/04/02 09:01 PM

I appreciate it.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3991

Contact Admins Sarna.net