SRM 6 Ammo LT 1 1
Jump Jet LL 1 0.5
Jump Jet RL 1 0.5
Large Laser RA 2 5
Jump Jet CT 1 0.5

Max Heat: 15 (12)
Cost: 1,591,850
BV: 550

Designed to be an urban city fighter, the Urbanmech performed this role well during the Star League area and many can still be found in city garrisons and militia units. The UMR-8T Urbanmech is vastly different then its predecessor the URM-60.

The one weakness of the Urbanmech was its laughable speed, being so slow many Urbanmechs fell victim to heavy and assault mechs while attempting to run away. Its speed was increased to allow to it keep pace even with the mighty Atlas. The jump capacity was increased to a full 90 meters. With the increase in weight from the engine, the designers had to drop the Imperator-B auto cannon and replaced it with a Krupp Model 32 Large Laser. The laser has the same range and nearly as powerful, but does not need ammunition and lets the mech stay in the fight far longer. A Harpoon-6 SRM was added to give more short-range firepower and a Voelker 200 machine gun replaces the small laser used for anti infantry work. An additional half-ton of armor was added, manly beefing up the legs and torso.

The UM-R8T is still in the early stages of production, but House Liao is very well pleased with the results and has ordered upgrades for all militia units on the more heavily populated and important worlds.

Cost: 1,591,850
BV: 550

blurb: The Urbie of TRO 3025 and 3050 just seemed like piss poor designs. The same results with a slighly faster mech with an energy weapon (I origianly started with a PPC, but the minum range doesn't work with street fighting) could be be produced much better IMHO. the 3025 design has 11 heat sinks when it only produced 5 max and a small laser is not as effect as a wall of lead agaisnt infantry
Popular Bumper Stickers
“Keep honking: I’m re-loading”
“If you don’t mind, please eject now: that Mech is a **** to salvage"
“I ran out of room to stencil all the Mechs I’ve killed, so now I just go by regiment’s wiped out.”
Zwischy
11/15/02 01:51 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I realize you kept this in 3025 tech, but I think a simple improvement to this design, using 3050 tech, would be double heat sinks - only 10 - and upgrading the large to a pulse large laser. Sure, you lose the 5 hexes range, but how often should that matter, given the Mech's role?

Though on the other hand, the 3067 upgrade (not in the TRO, but in the Record Sheets: Upgrade book) uses a RAC/5, and is probably the most powerful variant you'll find.
Moloch
11/15/02 04:55 PM

Aye, thats what I did do for a 3050 variant. I even added 2 more medium pulse lasers and I think a Streak-2, but I lost the design after I formated my hard drive.
Popular Bumper Stickers
“Keep honking: I’m re-loading”
“If you don’t mind, please eject now: that Mech is a **** to salvage"
“I ran out of room to stencil all the Mechs I’ve killed, so now I just go by regiment’s wiped out.”
CrayModerator
11/16/02 12:31 PM

Interesting upgrade - should say something about the blasphemy of a faster Urbie, but it's a nice mod you got there.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
MadWolf
11/30/02 05:35 PM

OH MY GOD? SOMEBODY STILL USES THOSE THINGS? I thought that those where for bastard battletechplayers who whould do somthing like give you a victor and have you play target practice with about 20-30 of the dammed things....
Nothing is Impossible, It is only Improbable.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 187 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3649

Contact Admins Sarna.net