EMC-5D Emancipator (3055 upgrade)

Pages: 1
Toastrider
11/29/02 11:30 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Overview
Serving with distinction (if not glory) can be all it's cracked up to be, even if the Mech in question is the Emancipator. While frontline models and units received considerable upgrades, it was not until 3056 that the Federated Commonwealth turned its attention to giving the 'Emanc' a boost with recovered technology.

The most obvious difference was the complete revamp of the chassis. The aging D13 LaborMech chassis was discarded in favor of a custom-designed structure built using the new endo-steel alloying processes. This gave the already blocky Emancipator a bulky, intimidating look even for a medium Mech. The Vox 225 fusion engine was retained, though the heat sinks were replaced with more efficient double-strength units.

The firepower of the Emancipator was completely overhauled and brought up to 3050-era standards. The sturdy 8cm large laser was replaced with an extended-range version, and the arm-mounted medium lasers were also brought up to ER quality. The roof-mounted SRM-4 was swapped out for a more efficient Streak system, and the machine guns were stripped out in favor of small pulse lasers. A CASE unit for the SRM ammunition now ensures that even ammunition explosion will not totally destroy the stubby, stubborn Mech.

EMC-5D Emancipator
Tech: IS Level 2
Tons: 45

Equipment:
Internal Structure: Endo Steel (2.5 tons)
Engine: Vox 225 (10.0 tons)
Walk MP: 5
Run MP: 8
Jump MP: 0
Heat Sinks: 13 (26) (3 tons)
Gyro: 3 tons
Cockpit: 3 tons
Armor Factor: 160 (10 tons)

Loc: IS/OA
Head: 3/9
CT: 14/22
CTR: -/6
L/RT: 11/18
L/RTR: -/4
L/RA: 7/14
L/RL: 11/22

Weapons, Loc, Crt, Ht, Mass
ER Large Laser, CT, Crt 2, Ht 12, 5 tons
Streak SRM-4, H, Crt 1, Ht 3, 3 tons
ER Medium Laser, LA, Crt 1, Ht 5, 1 tons
ER Medium Laser, RA, Crt 1, Ht 5, 1 tons
Small Pulse Laser, LA, Crt 1, Ht 2, 1 tons
Small Pulse Laser, RA, Crt 1, Ht 2, 1 tons
Streak SRM Ammo (25), LT, Crt 1, Ht 0, 1 tons
CASE, LT, Crt 1, Ht 0, 0.5 tons
2 DHS, LT
2 DHS, RT
2 Endosteel, LL
2 Endosteel, RL
5 Endosteel, LA
5 Endosteel, RA

BV: 1066
Cost: 4,178,175

Not bad, for just 600k C-bills in upgrades...

--Toasty
"The survivors, not the victors, write the history books."
CrayModerator
11/30/02 12:02 AM

I'd replace the pulse small lasers and ER LL with an ER PPC or standard PPC. This is an excellent garrison mech otherwise.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Nightward
11/30/02 06:25 PM

Nice. I can see Cray's point about the ER PPC, but in the case of a garrison 'Mech, it may be better to have some additional close-range firepower for defensive and/or city operations.

I have a "thing" about Inner Sphere Pulse Lasers. I never use Large Pulses (Hey, you can get 3 Mediums and an extra Heat Sink, loosing only a bit of range and doing twice as much damage) and don't even bother looking at Small Pulse Lasers (even if I'm building a Clan 'Mech). I prefer to user the tonnage on armour, additional heat sinks and weapons, or Jump Jets. In this case, I'd probably suggest going for an additional Medium Laser and Heat Sink in place of the Small Pulses; if you added them for anti-infantry work, perhaps Flamers or Machine Guns may be a better choice.

Other than that, however, a very solid design that should be able to easily wipe the floor with pretty much any other 40-odd tonner.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3017

Contact Admins Sarna.net