SRM-2 Turret 1
Flamer Turret 1
Flamer Turret 1
Ammo SRM-2(100) Body 2
Ammo Inferno (50) Body 1

Cost: $1,386,834
BV: 1858

Overview:
Designed as a quick hit and run machine against mechs, it uses man's greatest invention and his worst fear against him: Fire. Nick named the "Firetruck', this vehicle mounts 6 SRM-2 capable of firing either standard missiles or inferno rounds. Backing up the SRMs are 2 Flamer units and a small laser for anti infantry work. The Inferno is surrounded by a thick layer of armor, fully 20 percent of its weight.

Deployment:
Swarm or "wolf-pack" attacks of several Infernos hover tanks have left mechs nothing but puddles of slag. After a mech warrior is destracted trying to deal with the flames caused by the missiles, many Inferno's will swing in very close and heat it up even more with the flamers.

Variant:
The most popular variation drops a ton of armor and adds a third flamer unit to the turrent.

blurb: Apoc's Barrage design made me want to make something with alot of Inferno missiles . Always wondered why you couldn't just switch out the missiles of the SRM-6 with infernos. I used the Vehicle Factory to make this design, but it skewed the results by letting me use 1/2 ton flammers (clan tech) while I was trying to build a level 1 vehicle so I left a ton off. Any mistakes I miss?
Popular Bumper Stickers
“Keep honking: I’m re-loading”
“If you don’t mind, please eject now: that Mech is a **** to salvage"
“I ran out of room to stencil all the Mechs I’ve killed, so now I just go by regiment’s wiped out.”
NathanKell
12/13/02 10:00 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Nasty.
FYI: According to BMR and later, all standard SRM launchers can use inferno ammo, and no streaks can.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Apoc
12/13/02 10:59 PM

I just found out why your flamers weight .5 tons. Anything vehicle after the 3025 TRO (example: 3058 TRO, Centipede Scout Car )requires the flamer(vehicle) to have 1 ton (10 shots) ammo. The Vehicle Factory has it listed under energy and ballistic weapons.

I bet the differrance between the Mech Flamer and Flamer(Vehicle) has to with the special structure of the mech. The Mech Flamer super heats air by some unknown ability(similar to a jump jet), while a vehicle has to have a flamable liquid, like naplam.
NathanKell
12/14/02 12:26 PM

ISTR it's dependent on having a fusion engine. If you do, you can use regular flamers. If not, you have to use the ammo'd variety.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Nightward
12/14/02 08:18 PM

I built a Clan 'Mech a fair while ago dedicated to incendiary duties. Behold...the Hades.

Type: Hades
Technology Base: Clan, Second-Line 3067
Mass: 25 Tons
Chassis: Hades Endo Steel
Power Plant: DarkStar 175 XL
Cruising Speed: 75.6 kph
Maximum Speed: 118.8 kph
Jump Jets: Demon’s Wings XLR-5
Jump Capacity: 210 Metres
Armour: Hades Ferro-Fibrous Plate
Armament:
4 Javelin-Class 2 SRMs
4 PyroTech Flamers
Communications System: Hades CommCon
Targeting and Tracking System: Hades TargeTrak
Primary Manufacturer: Clan Hell’s Horses
Primary Factory: Hades

OVERVIEW

Clan Hell’s Horses has long known the usefulness of conventional infantry and vehicles, but such tactics have been slow to return to other Clans. Once, however, these units were common amongst the Clan Touman, and as always strategies and 'Mechs were invented to combat them. The one hundred and fifty year-old Hades is a relic of those times; considered obsolete even by the Horses who created it and deployed only amongst Solhama warriors, the Hades is used only in city assaults where its limited, and extremely short-ranged, weapons can be used at peak efficiency.

CAPABILITIES

In its heyday, the Hades’ top speed of almost 120 kph was considered incredible, even for so light a 'Mech. At the time the Hades was first deployed, it was also one of the first 'Mechs to use an Extra-Light Engine developed after the Exodus. The XL engine used on the Hades was even lighter and smaller than the Star League engines, a testament to Clan engineering. Although some criticised the high weight of the engine, saying that the mass could have been used to mount heavier weapons, the Hades was designed to serve as an anti-infantry unit, acting not alone but as a support for a major push into close-confine enemy areas; the additional speed the engine provides allows the Hades to move quickly to support a faltering attack or pull back should overwhelming forces be sighted.

The eight weapons the Hades caries give the 'Mech its name; all of them focus on the most feared weapon on the modern battlefield; that of fire. The SRM packs are generally loaded with Inferno ammunitions, and the Flamers allow the 'Mech to spew forth engine plasma. These vicious weapons serve a psychological purpose in addition to the sheer physical damage they can wreak; confronted by a ten-metre tall machine spewing fiery death even the most hardened of enemy troops is likely to run. It should be noted, however, that in the almost two intervening centuries between the 'Mech’s inception and today that a new Battle Armour variant has been created; the Salamander. Even more at home in flames than the Hades, Salamander armour cannot be harmed with fire.

Finally, the 'Mech benefits from just-less-than-full armour and full Jump capability. Although the former is a given, as the Hades is designed to operate in cities, the second is somewhat surprising. However, as with the large engine, this feature allows the Hades to relocate swiftly in battle, or perhaps to outpace the hellstorm it has just unleashed upon the unsuspecting.

DEPLOYMENT

Iota Galaxy, under-manned, under-equipped, and heavily out of favour is home to the lion’s share of these 'Mechs. A few scattered examples appear in other units, however, generally as part of a mixed Star that is home to a group of Conventional troops or Elemental Battle Armour and infantry transport vehicles specially trained in neutralizing enemy infantry. Such Stars, however, are extremely rare; Gamma Galaxy has the most in the Touman, home to just two Urban Assault Stars.

An interesting historical note is the fact that Zeta Galaxy’s 27th BattleMech Cluster was once home to the highest concentration of these 'Mechs and was the leading urban-assault Cluster in the Clan for decades. The nickname “Hades Cluster” has stuck with the unit ever since.

NOTABLE 'MECHS AND MECHWARRIORS

Although it is unusual for a Frontline warrior to pilot a second-line machine, the formidable (some might say slightly unhinged) Star Commander Chesterton of Delta Galaxy’s 82nd Assault Cluster (The Firestorm) has fought in his ancient Hades from the day he qualified as a warrior. Because of these (and several other) peculiarities, he has not been permitted to take a Trial of Position for a higher rank and is not expected to win sponsorship for a Bloodname. Chesterton, however, cares little; he seems more than content to command his Urban Assault Star, and can often be heard cackling maniacally as he incinerates his foes.

COST ANALYSIS

Clan Diamond Shark recently bought three Hades 'Mechs for “study” purposes. They paid about 700,000 Kerenskys for each 'Mech.

MY BLURB

Flamers and Inferno launchers!* Ka-vooomcha* Burn ‘em! Burn ‘em all! Err…ahem.

Yes. Uh…well. As you all know, I am an inferno junkie. Thus, a 'Mech built around infernos and Flamers. With a bit of luck, you could inflict an unpalatable 22 extra points of heat on your opponent, and will certainly send their PBI’s and Tanks scurrying for cover lest the Fires of Retribution scorch them! Nyahahahahaha….

*Degenerates into senseless ravings. Mutterings of “Aha! You fail your 8+ roll, Mr Tank Boy! I pop you” can be heard.*

MASS BREAKDOWNS

Engine: 3.5
Gyro: 2
Cockpit: 3
Endo Steel: 2
Ferro-Fibrous: 4.5
1 Additional Double Heat Sink: 1
7 Jump Jets: 3.5
4 SRM-2s with 2 tons of Ammunition: 4
4 Flamers: 2

GAME STATISTICS

Walking MP: 7
Running MP: 11
Jumping MP: 7

Total Heat Sinks: 11 (22) Double Heat Sinks

Notes: SRM-2s should be loaded with Inferno ammunition for one ton and standard for the other.

ARMOUR DISTRIBUTION

Head: 9
Centre Torso: 12/4
Side Torsos: 8/12
Arms: 8
Legs: 11

BVs

LOCATIONS

2 Flamers- Each Arm
1 Double Heat Sink, 3 Jump Jets, 1 SRM-2, 1 Ton SRM-2 Ammunition- Each Side Torso
SRM-2- Head
SRM-2, Jump Jet- Centre Torso
1 Double Heat Sink- Each Leg
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Apoc
12/14/02 09:14 PM

I understand stand now, Thank you.
Nightward
12/15/02 02:03 AM

Sort of. If you use the Energy Flamer on an ICE vehicle, it requires Energy Converters as with other energy weapons.

The benefit of using the "Vehicle" Flamer is that it is Ballistic-Class and thus counts as not generating heat if installed in a Vehicle, and (if you are playing Level 3) it can be used to fire Coolant as well.

Mechs etc can also use "Vehicle" flamers but must buy ammunition for them as well.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Toastrider
12/15/02 11:09 PM

At the risk of sounding retarded... exactly WHY would you fire coolant out of your flamer?

--Toasty
"The survivors, not the victors, write the history books."
Moloch
12/15/02 11:31 PM

In the 3025 TRO, there is a coolant truck that has a flamer as a weapon. In the fluff text, it says how in a in a quick pinch the coolant can be connect to the flamer nozzle so that it hose down overheated mechs as they emerge from battle.
Popular Bumper Stickers
“Keep honking: I’m re-loading”
“If you don’t mind, please eject now: that Mech is a **** to salvage"
“I ran out of room to stencil all the Mechs I’ve killed, so now I just go by regiment’s wiped out.”
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 90 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5243

Contact Admins Sarna.net