Streak SRM 6 Ammo RT 1 1
CASE RT 1 0.5
ER Large Laser RA 2 5
Medium Pulse Laser RA 1 2
Rotary AC/5 RA 6 10
Guardian ECM Suite CT 2 1.5
Medium Pulse Laser H 1 2

Overview:

The Tombstone represents something of a tradition among Inner Sphere Mech designers: attempting to replicate the fearsome power of Clan Omnimechs. Constructed in a line of thought similar to the Black Hawk-KU and the Rakshasa, the Tombstone mimics, with a fair amount of success, the enormous firepower that a Clan Daishi brings to the field.

In some ways, it even exceeds the Daishi's primary configuration. While only possessing two ER large lasers as opposed to the four standard, the twin rotary autocannons allow the Tombstone to far outmatch the Daishi's prime-configuration Ultra AC/5 units. At close range, a trio of medium pulse lasers backed with two Streak-6 racks can inflict accurate damage to a target. Nineteen tons of heavy armor ensure that the Tombstone survives engagements with even another Daishi or Gladiator.

Deployment:

A handful of these monstrous doppelgangers were issued prior to the breakout of the FedCom Civil War, many winding up on the border with the Clans. At least one is also serving in the Touman of Clan Wolf-In-Exile, possibly salvaged during the battle for Tharkad.

Notes:

This started out as a bizarre sketch at work that looked something like an IS knockoff of a Daishi. And I just went from there. Happy trails... and what would YOU like on your tombstone?

--Toasty
"The survivors, not the victors, write the history books."
Apoc
12/27/02 01:28 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Only 1 ton of RAC/5 ammo for each? Seems kinda low. I personally would downgrade to Streak-4 and add another ton each, with maybe a heatsink.
Moloch
12/27/02 03:57 PM

I agree, thats not enough ammunition to make full use of the RAC other wise not just go with Ultra-5s. I would drop the medium pulse to standard lasers and add an extra 2 tons of ammo plus a heat sink.
Popular Bumper Stickers
“Keep honking: I’m re-loading”
“If you don’t mind, please eject now: that Mech is a **** to salvage"
“I ran out of room to stencil all the Mechs I’ve killed, so now I just go by regiment’s wiped out.”
Toastrider
12/27/02 11:33 PM

In retrospect, I could kick myself; I've been playing with Ultras too long, and RACs don't work like Ultras do.

I stripped out the MPLs, that gives me some extra tonnage to work with. My problem is that I'm running out of crits. 14 double heat sinks is the most I can fit in the Mech, with two external DHS units fitted in the LT and RT, respectively.

The GOOD news is that this version now fields four standard medium lasers instead of the three MPLs, and carries four tons of RAC/5 ammo instead of the two I had originally. Maybe I should try and redo the design using RAC/2s, I might get better ammo mileage.

Then again, even a Clan assault pilot might be nervous in the face of two RAC/5s going all out.

--Toasty
Toastrider
12/27/02 11:36 PM

Now I know what was bugging me about this design.

It's designed like a Clanner might do it: massively overweaponed for its heat budget

--Toasty
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 63 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3786

Contact Admins Sarna.net