Armor: Durallex-Ferro Fibrous with CASE
Armament:
1 Zeus Slingshot 82mm Gauss Rifle.
2 Arrowlite SRM-6
Manufactor: HardfordCo. Industries
Communications System: TharHes Muse 54-58K
Targeting and Tracking System: TharHes Mars5

Overview:
Built using the same chassis as the Von Luckner, the Ogre is intended to be used in the militias along Clan Occupation zone that cannot afford to maintain a battle mech force. It uses very few modern technologies to keep the costs down, but Ogre is a tough opponent to defeat.

Capabilities:
Powered by a massive diesel engine, the Ogre can reach the same speeds as the Von Luckner. The massive AC/20 is replaced by a Zeus Slingshot Gauss Rifle, which has over double the range. For short-range weaponry, two SRM-6 are mounted on either side of the Gauss Rifle. 4 Tons of Gauss rifle ammo and 2 tons of SRM-6 are loaded in CASE protected bays. An additional is CASE system was installed in the turret to force the explosive burst energy from the Gauss rifle away from the crew compartment should it suffer a critical hit. Thirteen tons of ferro-fiborous armor covers the frame of the tank.
code:

Type: ORG-9f Ogre Heavy Tank
Tonnage: 75
Movement Type: Wheeled
Engine: ICE 20.0
Speed:
Cruising: 3
Flank: 5
Control Equipment: 4.0
Lift Equipment: 0.0
Power Amplifiers: 0.0
Heatsinks: 0 0.0
Internal Structure: 7.5
Turret: 2.5
Armor: 233 13.0
Front: 53
L/R Side: 44
Back: 40
Turret: 52
Weapons: Location: Tonnage:
Gauss Rifle Turrent 15.0
SRM-6 Turrent 3.0
SRM-6 Turrent 3.0
Ammo SRM-6 (30) Body 2.0
Ammo Gauss (32) Body 4.0
CASE Body 0.5
CASE Turrent 0.5
Cost: $2,735,500 C-Bills

blurb: cheap tank with decent firepower, I thought of it as a vehicle that would of been built around the time just after the first Clan invasion was halted for a year after Ilkahn Leo Showers was killed by the sucidial pilot.

blurb 2: to lazy to format the paragaphs. MSN Word, Notepad, and HTLM commands always srew it up. I can never get the decently (code)(/code) looking format that I like with out causing a bottom scroll bar to the right.

edit: fixed several typos pointed out
Popular Bumper Stickers
“Keep honking: I’m re-loading”
“If you don’t mind, please eject now: that Mech is a **** to salvage"
“I ran out of room to stencil all the Mechs I’ve killed, so now I just go by regiment’s wiped out.”

Edited by Moloch (12/30/02 11:34 PM)
Karagin
12/30/02 10:22 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Why the extra 10 tons of Heat sinks? Your tank builds up NO heat since it don't have engery weapons. Also I see ammo for the MG but where is the MG?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
NathanKell
12/30/02 11:00 PM

Why have heatsinks at all? And how come you get 10 free, even though it's an ICE?
I believe the MG ammo is supposed to be GR ammo.

A good upgrade to the ol' VL!
{Though, all things considered, I think I'd prefer a Regulator. Just think, a good stock vehicle... }
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Moloch
12/30/02 11:29 PM

You caught me. I just cut and pasted from my Napolean heavy tank. I always typo something
Popular Bumper Stickers
“Keep honking: I’m re-loading”
“If you don’t mind, please eject now: that Mech is a **** to salvage"
“I ran out of room to stencil all the Mechs I’ve killed, so now I just go by regiment’s wiped out.”
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 144 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4042

Contact Admins Sarna.net