use of dirt

Pages: 1
Countergod
01/03/03 06:51 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I got the briliant idea to put actual dirt taken from my back yard and glue it onto the hexbase of the mech. what do others think about this?
***Chemistry is like art. One wrong move can really ruin your day!***

To: All other empire leaders
Subject: Hi Neveron
Date Sent: 7/12/3222 12:50:00 AM

May i just point out u all suck
Maj. NevLord Madman
Karagin
01/03/03 07:08 PM

You can dry brush that on to the mech...I have used crushed up pastel chalk before, it adds an oily grity look to the mech or vehicle.

Sand works well with a little mixed into the paint, but only a small amount like a pinch or two and then you must mix the paint really well before using.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
BroCaptMaximus
02/07/03 01:17 PM

Thin down some white glue and paint it onto your hexbase, sprinkle on some beach or sand box sand while the glues is wet. When it's dry knock off the extra sand and paint the desired color. After you can add small pieces of lichen, rock, or straw to create weeds, bushes and such.

P.S. Super glue might work instead of white glue if you do small areas at a time and work fast. I don't know for sure though cause I've never tried it.
neochu
03/17/03 12:37 PM

I have also used dirt an debris for my mechs when I glued my mech onto the hex base I used the testors metal/wood glue to fill the whole base and I used some crused prerilite(the white hard stuff in pottting soil) it really looks like a rubble field. sand and finer dirt gives the base an open plain look for a wooded or forested look wood chips (very fine) should give the look be careful with the wood as the gel may react. also from what I have seen the best thing to do iis to buy a gel like product as the base will be filled and it will harden that way (super glue shrinks) too bat the testors stuff is not shippible to canada because of its solvent bases
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4253

Contact Admins Sarna.net