I am (Dis)Honoured to presnt the last word in Munchkinism

Pages: 1
Nightward
01/09/03 02:05 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Although the standard Munchkin technique for years has been the design of a 7/11/7 machine with Pulse Lasers and a Targeting Computer, the new arrival of some weaponry has substantially shifted the balance. I was attempting to build such a monster for minimal BV for an upcoming game round that would be fought on a signle mapsheet, when the thought of Rocket Launchers came to me. After some tinkering, I discovered the perfect design for ending a fight in a single turn: the MMB-X Munchmobile.

Type: MMB-X Munchmobile
Technology Base: Inner Sphere, Marian Hedgemony, 3060
Mass: 75 Tons
Chassis: MMB Standard
Power Plant: VLAR 300
Cruising Speed: 43.2 kph
Maximum Speed: 64.8 kph
Armour: MMB Plate
Armament:
51 Rocket Launcher-10s
Communications System: Munchcomm
Targeting and Tracking System: Munch Aqcuisitor
Primary Manufacturer: Munch Stables
Primary Factory: Solaris

OVERVIEW

With the sudden propagation of advanced 'Mechs on Solaris-7, such as the XN9-D5 “RACturion”, MDG-2A “RACshasa”, and SGT-8A Saggitaire, many smaller stables without hige-powered backup were falling too far behind the technology grade to remain a competitive force on Solaris. Munch Stables turned towards a low-tech, low-cost solution.

CAPABILITIES

The Munchmobile is nothing short of a mobile launch port. Massing 75 tons, armoured as heavily as possible, and with passable speed for arena combat, the Munchmobile is armed with noting less than 51 Rocket Launcher-10s.

There is only one firing stud on the control stick; this causes all the Rocket Launchers to fire simultaneously. As soon as the command has been given, the Munchmobile shuts down and begins to flood as much coolant through the circuit as it can. The Munchmobile’s cockpit itself is surrounded by coolant and is heavily insulated; however, heat spikes in excess of 85 degrees celsius have been monitored in the cockpit.

As a result, the Munchmobile must smash its opponent in its first volley, or it will then be destroyed whilst shut down.

DEPLOYMENT

So far, only one Munchmobile exists and has fought in three Solaris duels, annihilating the 'Mechs sent to face it- a VTR-10D Victor, a SGT-8A Saggitaire, and a Dire Wolf OmniMech. The only complaint so far was that very little of the enemy 'Mechs could be salvaged by Munch Stables.

COST ANALYSIS

The Munchmobile was built from a salvaged Orion chassis at a cost of 6,932,625 C-Bills- a price on par with amany top-end Assault 'Mechs from 3025.

MY BLURB

Wheeeeee! Eat 510 damage! Muhahahaha! The average damage for this 'Mech should be about 153 points, so you should be able to splatter most things in a single volley . I’d keep a camera handy for when you declare that your return fire will be 51 R/L-10s

This 'Mech uses and abuses the rules on construction and size, and weapons and heat. It is only viable at Level Two because the Extended Heat Chart for Level 3 would see this thing kill itself, by generating 143 overheat in one turn. Unpalatable.

MASS BREAKDOWNS

300 Engine: 19
Gyro: 3
Cockpit: 3
Interal Structure: 7.5
Armour: 14.5
2 Additional Heat Sinks
51 RL-10s: 25.5

GAME STATISTICS

Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6

Total Heat Sinks: 12 Single Heat Sinks

Notes: For God’s sakes, please only deploy this 'Mech if you are having a competition to design the munchiest 'Mech. It’s just too unfair.

ARMOUR DISTRIBUTION

Head: 9
Centre Torso: 41/5
Side Torsos: 27/5
Arms: 24
Legs: 32

BVs

Just for fun, I’ve included the sums this time.

DEFENSIVE BVS

Armour Factor: 231 *2 =462
Internal Structure: 114 *1.5 =171
Tonnage: 75 *1 =75
Overheat (12-155=-143) *5 =-715
Total = -7. Round to 0.
Defensive Movement Modifier = +2, Therefore Defensive Movement Factor = 1.2. 0*1.2=0

OFFENSIVE BVS

R/L-10: 18 *51 =918
X=(12*918)/155 =71.07
Y=(918-71.07)/2 =423.465
X+Y =494.535
Speed Factor = 6, therfore Offensive BV Final Modifier = 1.12. 494.535*1.12=553.8792

TOTAL BV = 0+553.8792. Rounding to 554.

So there we have it, fellas. A 'Mech capable of putting a fair-sized dent in a WarShip costs about as much as a Star League-era Hussar. So not only can you dish it out, but a 0/0 pilot will only set you back 1,135.7 BVs.

LOCATIONS

The 'Mech has no Lower Arm or Hand Actuators. Every critical slot available contains an R/L-10.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Nightmare
01/09/03 10:49 AM

Argh! You`ve managed to build a monster! Run!
Advice for Evil Overlords:
My legions of terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.
Countergod
01/09/03 01:06 PM

great idea, I think I will take it sometime
***Chemistry is like art. One wrong move can really ruin your day!***

To: All other empire leaders
Subject: Hi Neveron
Date Sent: 7/12/3222 12:50:00 AM

May i just point out u all suck
Maj. NevLord Madman
NathanKell
01/09/03 02:48 PM

Crunchy!
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
WIE
01/10/03 04:51 AM

how much would it be to drop enought rl's to put in 4 jj's
4th Wolf Guards, WIE
Nightward
01/10/03 06:03 PM

You'd have to drop 8 R/Ls to do that.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 113 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4129

Contact Admins Sarna.net